Canopy Accessing blower motor on John Deere 4720 w cab

/ Accessing blower motor on John Deere 4720 w cab #1  

wango tango

Silver Member
mice have made a nest in the upper roof assembly on my JD 4720. I looked where the air filter is and could not find anything. But it smells bad, blows “bedding” out, and water was backing up in the roof area. I noticed because I’d been running it for a while and when I went over a sideways bump a bunch of cold water spilled out on me. :/

Anyone know the procedure to get to the blower motor? Presumably where the water was condensing and backing up.

/ Accessing blower motor on John Deere 4720 w cab #3  
   / Accessing blower motor on John Deere 4720 w cab #4  
Dern 'ole mice....they get in anywhere. I'm allergic to mice homes and what the critters leave behind so I'm always at war with them.:punch:

The cloth Fresh Cab rodent repellent works for me. You can zip-tie the packets where the mice want to congregate so they stay away. Also, the sorta pleasant odor the packet gives off over-powers the mouse smell some. Since I have been trapping mice year round, I have noticed less mice, mice damage, and less ticks. If you scrub the nasty mice areas with pine-sol, it keeps them away for a while too. grrrr :punch:

/ Accessing blower motor on John Deere 4720 w cab
That did it!!! Thanks everyone. I pulled the roof off and cleaned it out good. Much better.