ad winch to 1010?

/ ad winch to 1010?
Gas 4cyl.

/ ad winch to 1010?
Got some input from a jd mechanic that goes along with what you posters were saying. The 1010c is set up to accept a pto, but the parts are hard to find and there is a lot of installation work, more than a backyard guy like me is likely to pull off. So it's back to the drawing board. Thanks for the sound advice.

/ ad winch to 1010? #13  
Not sure of the model number but JD made a winch for that machine. I see some on craigslist from time to time that will fit and work well; We had one when I was a kid. PTO parts will be available used but pricey. If I was you I would buy a crawler ready to go but you are gonna pay more $$$

/ ad winch to 1010? #14  
Your best bet would be to find a gearmatic 8a winch to put on your crawler, that is what would of been installed when your crawler was new. There out there, be patient, look on eBay or craigslist, I had to but 2 - 8a`s to make one good one to go on my 420 John Deere crawler.

/ ad winch to 1010? #15  
notmeu
Still would need the PTO installed... right?
Once had a 420C and it didn't have the PTO. That was the dead end when looking for a winch to add to it. That was a fun crawler for logging but would have been much better with a winch.

/ ad winch to 1010? #16  
All of the 420s have a pto, the John Deere 40s didn't though. There is 2 plates on the back of the crawler, between the final drive sprockets, the plates have 3 bolts each. The lower plate is for 540 rpm, the upper is engine speed. There is a winch mounting plate that goes between the winch and the crawler, the mounting plate bolts over the 2 plates on the back of the crawler. Check out this link for a picture. JDcrawlers Messageboard :: View topic - winch pto winch mounting plate
The gearmatic winch runs off of the lower PTO.

/ ad winch to 1010? #17  
I don't remember correctly then. As I recall.. 20 yrs ago... there was no PTO. But old age may have set in... :D

My 420 Utility did have PTO