Add a Step

/ Add a Step #1  

bsekf

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota 7030, Long Landtrac 4700
I need to add a step to my tractor. Does anybody make something that might work or do I fabricate one?

/ Add a Step #2  
I have seen pieces of old conveyor belt supporting a steel step. The conveyor belt flexes when hits an object vs bends like steel frame would

not sure if someone makes a kit or not.

/ Add a Step #3  
For my B3200, Kubota has a after market step. I think I paid $15.00 (astounding, isn't it ?) Younger people than I refer to it as an Old Codger Step (or some other term of derision). I think it's fantastic.
When first purchased, I was worried about stumps, etc. hitting it. Never been a problem.

/ Add a Step #4  
I don't make any.

/ Add a Step #5  
A step is on my list for the Ford but I'm still working on other parts of it. I'm too old to go chasing a flexible step so I'm making one out of two drop down 2" x 5/8" steel. I'll probably cover the 4" x 3/8" landing with expanded metal. Mine most likely won't contact anything since my drawbar is lower than I'm putting the step. I just need a little boost to get to the floor boards. ;)

Oh, I'm also adding some stainless steel grab handles.

/ Add a Step #9  
I need to add a step to my tractor. Does anybody make something that might work or do I fabricate one?
There are lots of bolt on steps available for 4x4 trucks. There are some that are U-shaped stirrup type that would be perfect for a tractor.

/ Add a Step #10