Snow Attachments add wheels to rear blade for snow???

/ add wheels to rear blade for snow??? #11  
I've got a pair of chains that are attached to a long pin where the upper end of the top link attaches to the tractor. With clevises on the other end where the implement attaches, I can vary the length of the chains to limit the amount the implement lowers. I've color coded the links used for each implement so I don't have to make hit and miss adjustments for each one. It ain't perfect but it does help.

/ add wheels to rear blade for snow??? #12  
I agree with Rob only we use a snowblower instead of a backblade and we adjust the shoes to keep the blower blade just up an inch or so to develop a nice, well packed and frozen base. Using this tecnique prevents #57 stone mixed in where the grass grows.

I would think it to be a very simple process to install adjustable shoes on your backblade if you wanted/needed them.

/ add wheels to rear blade for snow??? #13  
Here in Tidewater Virginia we don't get a whole lot of snow. However when it does I end up plowing my own gravel lane plus the community gravel lane. I use a rear mounted swivel blade with a gauge wheel with good success. I HATE having gravel plowed onto my lawn and the gauge wheel really helps avoid that. I skim the snow off leaving an inch or two and if they can't drive through that they should just stay at home. When grading the lanes the gauge wheel makes for a very smooth job - maybe too smooth, as some people go like it's an interstate highway.

/ add wheels to rear blade for snow??? #14  
Sammy -- What I do here in Vermont is just reverse the blade and use the convex edge when the ground isn't frozen or when doing my gravel driveway. It leaves things where they're supposed to be. By late November, after the ground freezes solid, it doesn't matter how I plow because the ground simply refuses to budge!

Pete

/ add wheels to rear blade for snow??? #15  
Yep, I second that- reverse the blade until the ground is frozen, then turn the blade back to the normal position when everything is frozen solid- it has worked well for me the last 2 years on my 1200 ft. gravel drive. Hey, I like the idea of pulling the pin so the blade can tilt more from side to side, my Landpride blade has that feature, it might help the blade follow the driveway contours a little better /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Maybe next year I'll have my $50 Myers ft. blade operational- no more stiff neck out in the cold.