Adding 3rd function for grapple

/ Adding 3rd function for grapple #21  
They have a Mt335h on the lot... I am grabbing that one. Should be delivered in 1 week or so.
3rd function is $1395 at the dealer. That's going to take the week to get installed. Honestly, for $750 more than the retrofit, not the worst thing to have the button right on the loader control and frees up both remotes (not likely to be an issue but hey).

I think I am getting a 66" version of the CID seen here:

They have one of the "LS" labeled ones, it's more of a clam shell with two cylinders. better for grabbing smaller posts. I like the CID for grabbing a bunch of brush and small branches. It's also what I "know" so sticking with that.
What is the price on that grapple and are you having it shipped or does dealer stock it?

/ Adding 3rd function for grapple #22  
Price of the CID grapple is $2095.

I think the 2 cylinder "clam shell" rake grapple seen here: Rake Grapple - LS Tractor USA was actually cheaper at $1895 but I had experience with the CID. I think it's better for big piles of loose brush. I was a little leery of a 2 cylinder in case I picked up something irregular and torqued it too much.

3rd function is $1495 but I am also getting a snow blade with cylinder as well so will be well worth it

/ Adding 3rd function for grapple #23  
The hose length came out to 14'. The fleet farm store in WI has a 15% off sale on hoses and cylinders so I got the hoses. I had to go online to get the bulk head hydraulic fitting and paid about $75 for all the fittings. $75 for the hoses. But I have to fabricate a mounting bracket for the crossbar on the FEL and run the hoses which might be a real headache.

Where did you mount your quick connect couplings on the cross bar on your last tractor. Centered or off to the side?

I also picked up a grapple from a guy in Marion WI. I saw his add on Craigslist. It looks like the same grapple as you are showing in the picture. My Dealer also had one on his lot for $1875. Same piece of equipment. Check out the Craigslist add under Appleton WI. Much less than the dealer price and I was able to pick it up with a trailer and about an hours drive. I also picked up a stump/ditching bucket. That stump bucket works better than my back hoe. Slices and dices!

Attachments

• Nolan Ditch Bucket.jpg
    Nolan Ditch Bucket.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 37
  • Nolan Grapple.jpg
    Nolan Grapple.jpg
    609 KB · Views: 35
  • Tomahawk grapple.jpg
    Tomahawk grapple.jpg
    396.1 KB · Views: 35
Last edited: