Advice from owners of PT180 tractors please on how you like that model.

/ Advice from owners of PT180 tractors please on how you like that model. #1  

m5040

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota M6040 L2250, JohnDeere 310D, Ford 841 Elenco, Ford 961, Trapmaster, PT180 w/LM bucket and 45" brush cutter, PT1430 Deutz w/grapple bucket, Antonio Carraro Tigrecar 6500. John Deere 5300. Former owned Steiner 430 max, Goldoni REV Maxter 7
Considering a new tractor, thanks to all that have given advice already (on other post).

I am looking for feedback from people that own a PT180 and how it has lived up to your expectations. I only need it for rough cutting. But would like any input you can give. When responding please provide the year since it sounds like there has been some revisions to improve it, like the drive motors but not sure?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

/ Advice from owners of PT180 tractors please on how you like that model. #2  
I only see 5 180 owners in the list, and I don't recall any of them being active lately. Maybe they'll chime in.

/ Advice from owners of PT180 tractors please on how you like that model.
I hope so!!!!

/ Advice from owners of PT180 tractors please on how you like that model. #4  
I hope so!!!!

HI,

WE HAVE OWNED OUR PT 180 FOR ABOUT 11 YEARS. IT IS AN OUTSTANDING TRACTOR.

THE DOWN SIDE IS THE MOTOR -- IT IS THE SUBURU ROBIN ENGINE. QUITE A FEW PROBLEMS --
IF WE COULD DO IT OVER , I WOULD INSIST ON THE KOHLER ENGINE.

OTHER PROBLEMS -- HARD TO GET AT THE HYDRULIC CONTROLS TO REPAIR
HARD TO GET TO OIL PLUG TO DRAIN

ALL IN ALL, WE LOVE IT INSPITE OF IT'S WARTS.

LON

/ Advice from owners of PT180 tractors please on how you like that model.
Thanks for the info. They seem to update the machines as the years go by. Hopefully the engine company did too. I took the plunge and went down to the factory, tried them all out (PT180-425-1430) and could not find a reason not to buy the PT180. The only downside I see is no oil cooler which limits op time. Thanks again!

Attachments

• Resized_20190624_105004.jpeg
    Resized_20190624_105004.jpeg
    276 KB · Views: 101