Advice needed: Mostly new 3320, new 3038E, or something else?

/ Advice needed: Mostly new 3320, new 3038E, or something else? #11  
Guys, a friend of mine is looking at an'08 or '09 3320 with 584 hrs. on it. Looks to be in good shape. Has a JD Front end loader and 60" Frontier bush hog. Asking price is $15K. Comments?

/ Advice needed: Mostly new 3320, new 3038E, or something else? #12  
Buy it fast. That's a great price assuming it doesn't have anything major wrong with it.

/ Advice needed: Mostly new 3320, new 3038E, or something else? #13  
The 3320 has a 33% higher loader lift capacity. When you are picking up things, this can make a HUGE difference. Really should at least take a look at Mahindra, LS and Kioti. Just so that you know for yourself that you made the right choice for you.

I agree with Kiotiken, you may want to consider something in the next frame size up. They will all get the job done, just some a bit easier and faster than others. Need to consider if you just want to get the work done, or if you want to struggle some to get the work done.

Of course a lot depends on how deep you are willing to dig into your pocket.

Good luck. ;)

/ Advice needed: Mostly new 3320, new 3038E, or something else? #14  
Buy it fast. That's a great price assuming it doesn't have anything major wrong with it.

It looked to be in great shape. Not sure if my buddy's ready to pull the trigger, or not. I'm sure his wife's not excited about it.

/ Advice needed: Mostly new 3320, new 3038E, or something else? #15  
I looked hard at all locally available tractors. Possibly the most important thing in choosing a tractor is having a good, solid dealer and repair shop, for both advice and work. Around here the two good dealers were JD and Kubota, although the JD dealers was preferable. And I didn't like the pedal arrangement on the Kubota, it just didn't fit me. I got a 3038e and it does almost everything I need normally. In a heavy snow like this week, it would be better to have a larger, heaver tractor, but the 38 hp was more than enough. The real issue around here for me is the narrowness of the tractor. Having had full size utility tractors for years, I continue to have a hard time on any slope at all with the CUT. You can roll one in a heartbeat. Were I now to make the choice over again, I'd probably go for an older, full size tractor that can handle Virginia hills. I wanted new because I was tired of maintenance, and I wanted something easier to get on. The 3038 is all that... Even my wife can drive it. But the rollover potential limits me in many areas of my farm.

/ Advice needed: Mostly new 3320, new 3038E, or something else? #16  
The 3320 will work fine for you. you may even want to try to find a used 3520 for a good price.

/ Advice needed: Mostly new 3320, new 3038E, or something else? #17  
I've had a 3320 for 8 years. I have never needed more power for pulling implements as the tractor runs out of traction before it runs out of pulling power. However, if you think you're going to run PTO powered equipment, then you might want to go with a tractor that has more PTO horsepower.

I regularly use a 72-inch landplane on the tractor with the rippers down. When I am loosening hard-packed dirt, the tractor will come to a stop spinning all four tires - and all four tires are loaded with liquid - so, I'm putting down the maximum amount of power I can with that tractor. More engine horsepower isn't going to help as the 3320 is able to spin all four tires - the tractor is traction limited not drawbar horsepower limited.

The PTO is a totally different application. With a rotary cutter in heavy weeds, I'm limited to a 60-inch mower width as that's all the tractor can turn. The load match feature keeps the tractor moving forward by slowing down the forward speed and applying more power to the PTO - this is the type of application where more PTO horsepower would help.

What you need to do is think about how much you're going to be moving dirt, use rear blades, landplanes, etc. versus how much you would use the PTO for mowing heavy weeds, rototilling, etc. If you anticipate a lot of PTO type use - get the tractor with more PTO horsepower.

I have a used 2013 3320 if youre interested