Advice on buying new tractor

/ Advice on buying new tractor #11  
Hello all, as the title states, I need advice on buying a new tractor.
We have an 11 acre property almost entirely flat. The property consists of 7-8 acres of "lawn" grass with groves of mature black walnut trees mostly towards the borders of the property. There is a small pond on the property as well as a 3-4 acre pasture that the previous owner cut for hay a few times a year. The property is in Indiana close to the Ohio border.

I have compiled a list of tasks I would like to be able to use the tractor for including:

-removing dead trees/logs/branches

I paid about $22k for a new L2501 HST in 2022 and then added a diverter valve to run a MTL grapple. I can move smaller sections of tree trunks, but I constantly tell myself that I'm only working with about 1,000 lbs of lift capacity. This means I have to cut up trees into manageable sections.

The list price of a TYM T574 which has about 2,790 lbs of lift capacity is about $29,500. It's also a 55 hp tractor which can easily run a 6' rotary cutter where my L2501 would struggle. There's a lot more lift capacity with the T574 for moving logs.

Tractors have a long life expectancy if not abused. If you spread out the cost difference over 10 years, you can get a lot of tractor for not that much more money if you are comfortable with the TYM brand, dealer support and parts availability.

/ Advice on buying new tractor #12  
If you anticipate cutting any of those walnut trees to sell at the sawmill in the future, consider buying a tractor with adequate lift capacity to move them. Sherrill Tree has a handy on line chart of estimated tree section weight about the middle of the page here: Green Log Weight Charts & Calculator | Sherrilltree

A 10' x 24" black walnut would have an estimated weight of 1,820 lbs. The L2501 maximum lift capacity is 1,131 lbs. https://www.kubotausa.com/docs/default-source/brochure-sheets/l2501.pdf?sfvrsn=34e9b1d_8

/ Advice on buying new tractor #13  
The only question I have is regarding the listed chores are the 'stones'.
How big? How heavy?

I'm thinking an LX might be a nice size for your property but, getting something larger, might be a good idea, especially if you don't mind spending a bit more now.

Mike

/ Advice on buying new tractor
I need advice on buying a new tractor.
We have an 11 acre property almost entirely flat. The property consists of 7-8 acres of "lawn" grass with groves of mature black walnut trees mostly towards the borders of the property. There is a small pond on the property as well as a 3-4 acre pasture that the previous owner cut for hay a few times a year. The property is in Indiana close to the Ohio border.

Assuming you will NOT mow the eight acres of lawn with your potential tractor, your net acreage on which to work your potential tractor is four (4) acres. Right?

I have compiled a list of tasks I would like to be able to use the tractor for including:

Property maintenance
1)-mulch beds (many flower beds all over property)
2)-removing bushes FEL + Bucket Spade
3)-moving stone
4)-moving lumber and materials for building projects
5)-help with composting
1-5 are applications most will tackle with the Front End Loader (FEL)

-clear snow How much snow?

-removing dead trees/logs/branches Tow with chains attached to tractor drawbar.

-moving dirt and gravel FEL to transport, Box Blade to spread.

-maintain gravel driveway and parking areas FEL + Box Blade

-till 1-2 acre vegetable garden (huge garden, PTO powered Roto-tiller. )

-install hardscape areas FEL + digging tooth bar; Box Blade.

-installing gravel parking area Box Blade

Box Blades and Roto-tillers are common choices for Three Point Hitch counterbalance to heavy FEL lifts.

TRACTOR ATTACHMENTS AND IMPLEMENTS:
Roughly, but the property has landscaped areas scattered throughout and the field and garden are on opposite ends, because of the long term intended use of the property we need the space that the field offers in proximity to the house and barn. I believe I am set on something in the standard L series after further research and the advice from you all. Going back and forth between the 2501/2 up to the 3901/2.

It's hard to say snow wise, sometimes we get a decent amount, other times we don't. I figured I can probably use the loader to clear the snow initially and if that doesn't cut it, upgrade down the road.

/ Advice on buying new tractor #16  
^^^^^
Nothing wrong with the Standard L Series Kubota. Both the L2501/2 and L3901/2 are great options.

I really like my L2501. It has been a great tractor and is easily modified to produce additional power if one so desires.

Mike

/ Advice on buying new tractor #17