Advice on JD 5210 price

/ Advice on JD 5210 price #11  
Looks good, congratulations! That a real good price for all that you purchased.

Seeing the backhoe is on it, did you get the top link and the hose that is needed on the power beyond when the backhoe is off? The 540 loader manual says - to help prevent damage to the tractor or loader caused by interference between the loader and exhaust pipe, position the exhaust pipe outlet forward -. Also looks like it got bent to the back some.

Did you get the parking stands, the plate and other parts, needed to take the loader off. For the most part I just leave my loader on and take off the bucket.

Other being faded the paint on the tractor looks good. Turtle makes a liquid rubbing compound that along with an electric buffer and it should shine right up.

When I change the fuel filter, I fill up the tank and fill up the new filter before putting it on, doing it these way I have never had to bleed the tractor to get it to start.

Over the years I have posted a few attachments I have included them should you want them.

Would be interested in knowing what you think of the backhoe.

Attachments

• startsystem.jpg
    startsystem.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 70
  • 5210wiring.jpg
    5210wiring.jpg
    473.1 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
   / Advice on JD 5210 price #12  
Good looking machine and by the list of equipment I would say you got a good deal. Have fun with it.

/ Advice on JD 5210 price
I have been really busy, unfortunately not getting to use the tractor. Because of my schedule I paid a recommended shop to rebuild the cylinders, and to make some new hoses. The cylinders leaked worse than before. I took them back off, and brought them back. Turns out the seal "kit" came with the wrong Orings and the tech did not compare new to old before installing. They had them fixed for me the next day. The whole thing made me pretty nervous, and kind of negated the reason I paid to have it done, to save me time. I had some time to remove the back hoe, Which works great! I feel like I could dig a moat. The only limiting factor is the weight of the tractor. Then again I am not an expert on using one, and am still getting the hang of it. It only took me about 20 minutes to remove it, I am sure it will take longer to put it back on. About the hose I am supposed to have... There are three hoses going to the back hoe, one is the sump return. the other two I connected together (had opposite ends) and my loader still works. If i hooked the female one of those to the sump return, no loader. I hope that the way I did it first solves the needing the hose? since the loader and rear lift worked? Or am I missing something? I know pictures speak 1000 words so I will try to get some taken. Also, the loader did not come with the parking stands. I will be fabricating something, but now that I have all cylinders at 100% It will not be anytime soon. Thanks again for yalls help. Going to put on the MX6 and test the slip disc tonight. I have read a lot of bad things about them on the internet, I am just going to use it and maintain it and pretend I did not.