AGM battery?

/ AGM battery? #11  
I put an Odyssey AGM battery in the Kubota - six years ago. It cost $399. - six years ago. I do keep it on an AGM designated trickle charger. - during the winter.

It's the heaviest group 31 AGM battery I could find. 1150 CCA. At 78 pounds - it was a real bear to lift into position on the tractor.

/ AGM battery?
agms do have different charging requirements, but unless you have a old school wall wart charger, most standby chargers work fine
I have two chargers - each more than 25 years old, and two new standby maintainers. I thought a new 10a "smart" charger might be the "smart" thing to get...

/ AGM battery? #13  
I bought a "regular" wet battery about 1 1/2 years ago, for my Yamaha atv. I kept it inside and on on the maintainer, off and on. Went out to get going today, no cranking power. Put the jumper box on it and got it going. Battery is stone dead/bad, and won't take a charge. Being out of the 12 month warranty (of course), I'm getting another.

I ordered an AGM type this time and a new "smart" charger since I've read that the old/regular battery chargers can wreck the AGM batteries. True?

Are AGM batteries really that good?
AGM batteries are better. And if the charging system in the vehicle is designed for AGM then it will output a higher voltage that AGM needs. If you use a regular old float battery you will probably ruin it (like you possibly did) due to that charging system design.

I used a NOCO Lithium battery on my snowmobile this year. Lighter and uses a specific NOCO charger as well with Lithium mode. Time will tell if it works well in the AGM application. So far this year it's been ok.

/ AGM battery? #14  
I putthree AGM batteryin two trucks and a car in 2017. All three batteries are still going strong.

The two trucks were used for plowing. One also had a short somewhere that drained the battery probably four ot five times. Recharged it each time with a Noco Genius snd have never had an issue.

I think I paid about $270 for each one in 2017. Prior to that, I would have to replace my regular batteries every three years, so it has been worth it.