Buying Advice Allis-Chalmers

/ Allis-Chalmers #1  

Sam V

Tractor
Mahindra 3525
Any of you old tractor fans know anything about the models of Allis-Chalmers in the 1985 era. I have found a small tractor in a barn of one of my customers( I do custom bush hogging). They told me it is a 1985 they got when they bought their farm 5 years ago. They have never used it but said the previous owner had just reconditioned it when it was turned over to them. Before I get too interested in it as a small tractor loader around my place I need to find some info on it. All I know is that it has a three point hitch, pto, loader and a remote on the rear. It is close to the size of an 8N ford.

Any ideas?

Thanks

/ Allis-Chalmers #2  
Any of you old tractor fans know anything about the models of Allis-Chalmers in the 1985 era. I have found a small tractor in a barn of one of my customers( I do custom bush hogging). They told me it is a 1985 they got when they bought their farm 5 years ago. They have never used it but said the previous owner had just reconditioned it when it was turned over to them. Before I get too interested in it as a small tractor loader around my place I need to find some info on it. All I know is that it has a three point hitch, pto, loader and a remote on the rear. It is close to the size of an 8N ford.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Go see what model ID it has and post back. Or post photos. Anything else is guessing. I have Norm Swinford's great book on Allis Chalmers; if it isn't in there, it isn't for real.

/ Allis-Chalmers #3  
I recently sold an AC 5020 4WD. It had a broken right splindle. No parts available. Two years previous I replaced the three point ram and there were several of those around but few other parts.

/ Allis-Chalmers #4  
Allis Chalmers inported two models that sized up to the Ford 8N. The 5020 & 5030 model had a 2 cylinder engine that were 20hp & 30hp . P.T.O., and 3 pt hitch were standard equipment, but the remote was an option. I can give you more info but would have to look in the books to do so. Let me know. trac

/ Allis-Chalmers #5  
Actually Allis had 3 "CUT" models in this time period, all produced by Hinomoto,, the 5015, 5020, and the 5030. The 5015 has a 3cyl and the 5020/30 a 2 cylinder. Of course Allis also had a few bigger machines that were imported, 5040 and the 5050 come to mind, I think these were Fiats?