Allowed slope angle

/ Allowed slope angle #1  

LittleBill21

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra Max 26XL, White
anyone know what the max series engine are rated to run on angle, I have some 25-30 degree hills, that I need to run on. any idea's?

/ Allowed slope angle #2  
I think you'd roll the tractor before the engine cut out.

/ Allowed slope angle #3  
With pressurized lubrication, that shouldn’t be an issue on hills that steep. I’d probably want to keep the fuel tank pretty full, wear all safety equipment, keep loader down, etc.

/ Allowed slope angle
With pressurized lubrication, that shouldn’t be an issue on hills that steep. I’d probably want to keep the fuel tank pretty full, wear all safety equipment, keep loader down, etc.
yea i am more worried about running it dry at an angle. I thought this would be a standard figure in the literature, i know that some engines require deep sumps to do this, I have to use the backhoe for hours at this angle.

/ Allowed slope angle
   / Allowed slope angle #7  
my mini-x is rated to 30 degrees. would recommend running the Best AMSoil engine oil in case something happens. Will save you tons of money

/ Allowed slope angle #8  
I have no idea, i figured with these type of engines it was a published number.

Can you safely assume the pickup is at the bottom of the sump? If so, would looking at how deep the sump is compared to width give you an indication of what angle it will hold oil to?

/ Allowed slope angle
Can you safely assume the pickup is at the bottom of the sump? If so, would looking at how deep the sump is compared to width give you an indication of what angle it will hold oil to?
how would you determine what side the pickup is on, or what level the oil is in the sump?