Alternative Energy projects

/ Alternative Energy projects #131  
Must have been using the stuff they are producing to want to install 30MW of generation, since the city of a million I used to live in only consumed 38MW and they needed all those residents to pay for the energy production. Growing weed cant be THAT lucrative.

Now 30kW would be a more reasonable fit and they are still going to have a huge fuel bill if you run the numbers for fuel flow.
Serious 30Mw . Seven acres of greenhouse uses over 30Mw for lights and heat in the winter .

/ Alternative Energy projects
Egon posted this in Gale's EV thread..... thought I'd toss it in here too for perusal....

Drake Landing Solar Community

Well beyond a proof on concept...... if it works in AB on that scale, that's a pretty good test.

Rgds, D.

Building battery capacity in Europe:

Gigafactories: Europe tools up against US and Asia as a car battery force

But... now I'm confused.......

Near the Arctic, you can make "the world's greenest battery" using hydro-electric for prime power.....

..... but, hydro-electric is getting decommissioned in some areas of North America due to it being "bad" for the environment.....

Hmmm...... :unsure: I guess it's both now !

Rgds, D.

An individual's hydro project.

Early days on his channel (I'd love to know the size of the Pelton, and the vertical drop on that run of pipe), but this is more a Walk in the Woods, Git 'er Done on Nyrs Day Before the Pipes Crack video.

I found this guy, when I was checking on the recent floods on the Coq, he had that early vid of the vanished bridge in his area.

Rgds, D.

Nice animation! (y)

For us Gearheads..... a nice relaxing screensaver.....

I put that ^, in a email to a buddy.... then realized Darn, I'm Old.... bet kids don't even know that term anymore..... :cool:

Rgds, D.

Back in the olden-days, I was impressed by the performance of even simple (drain-back) hydronic-panel systems that were written up in Homepower. Really liking this guys setup.

Building the basic panels... biggest problem would likely be accessing the tempered glass....

Rgds, D.