Am I the only one with this problem?

/ Am I the only one with this problem? #1  

Iowachild

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B2320HST
For years I have used Netscape browsers. Then sometime after this site up-dated I found I could not use the buttons (smilies, fonts, insert link, etc.). I then downloaded Firefox 1.0.7 and everything worked fine. Now the buttons have stopped working on Firefox. As with Netscape I can type in the box and make a post, but not with any of the features. In order to use the buttons I have to open IE. Has anyone else experienced this?:confused:

BTW TBN is the only posting site I visit so I cannot say whether or not the problem exists on other sites.

/ Am I the only one with this problem? #2  
Works fine for me with Firefox...my guess is, your editor account settings need a tweak.

Click here to get to your account options.

Scroll to the bottom, and make sure the "Message Editor Interface" option is not set to "Basic Editor" - either of the other two will give you the options you are looking for. I use the "Standard Editor", as the "Enhanced" option is a little bloated and flakey for my tastes...

/ Am I the only one with this problem? #3  
Replying from Firefox 1.5.0.7:)
:eek:
:p
:rolleyes:
and, I even discovered
that there are indent icons

• bullets
  • and more bullets
  1. or numbers
  2. and more numbers
One can even right justify:cool:
center:confused:
or be a a left justify kind of personality:p

GOSH!! I MAY NEVER STOP PLAYING WITH THE EDITING FEATURES.

SEEMS THERE is all too much power in the editor... never will get any work done now:eek:

/ Am I the only one with this problem? #4  
Hmm... Mike, have you updated to the latest version of Firefox? I would recommend getting the latest of whichever is your favorite browser.

I know some of the features use more "modern" features that might not be in older browsers. But you should be able to go to the "basic" posting options. But I would recommend getting the latest browser version.

-Ibrahim

/ Am I the only one with this problem?
Ibrahim said:
Hmm... Mike, have you updated to the latest version of Firefox? I would recommend getting the latest of whichever is your favorite browser.

I know some of the features use more "modern" features that might not be in older browsers. But you should be able to go to the "basic" posting options. But I would recommend getting the latest browser version.

-Ibrahim
Ibrahim,

I noticed Texasjohn stated he was using Firefox 1.5.0.7. So I up-dated and now it seems to be OK.:D

However, everything did work when I first started using the older Firefox. That's what I don't understand!:eek:

/ Am I the only one with this problem? #6  
I stopped using FireFox due to problems when downloading/viewing PDF files. Too often the computer would freeze.

I have tried several times to use FireFox - different versions, including the very latest - but to no avail. I still have problems.

So, I am back to using IE. But, I have added a little program called AdMuncher. The latter takes out the ads the same as FireFox.

/ Am I the only one with this problem? #7  
Iowachild, hate to tell you... a computer is like a woman.... just about the time you figure everything is working fine, something happens:confused:

And, if you think that you can understand what happened, you got another think coming:rolleyes:

Just count your blessings if you are able to fiddle around a bit and get things going OK again:D