Angle for Road grader Blades

/ Angle for Road grader Blades #11  
Sounds like a plan :thumbsup:

/ Angle for Road grader Blades #12  
If you go to Land pride's website they have the specs listed for their grading scraper. Not sure if the pitch of the blade is listed but I thing they use 17 degrees for the angle of the blade. I plan on making one too, just haven''t found the time. I'm also still toying with the idea of adding rippers to help loosen the dirt when it gets packed down.

/ Angle for Road grader Blades
This is what it ended up coming out as , (No color added yet ) . Blades are set at 3/4" now but may move back up to only a 1/2" . One pass down each side of driveway was all I needed . Better Half and Neighbors love it .

Attachments

• 101_0006.JPG
    101_0006.JPG
    326.5 KB · Views: 697
  • 101_0007.JPG
    101_0007.JPG
    332.1 KB · Views: 570
  • 101_0008.JPG
    101_0008.JPG
    341.8 KB · Views: 540
   / Angle for Road grader Blades #14  
   / Angle for Road grader Blades
Sandman : You do notice that it IS Parked right next to the Freightshaker ?:D

With the new in-frame and Garrett turbo , the 1,000,000 mile truck should have no problem yanking it around .:thumbsup:

Fred H.

P.S. As a side note , I ended up settling on 10 Degree angle and a 45 degree pitch of the blades . I did though forget one thing , Bought the steel but forgot
to weld it on . Two 1/2" x 3" x 8' skid shoes . Wife went to use the newer Dodge and wanted to know what the steel was in back . Duh !! Good thing I
wear a belt , Wonder how many times I would of forgot my pants by now !!

/ Angle for Road grader Blades #16  
You did notice the link to my build, didn't you? Too many pictures, but what the heck. I think your questions on angles were included in there. Mine is a little heavier duty than yours... or at least heavier, lol.

A million miles on a freightshaker is rough on the old bones. Last calculations I am just over two and a half freightshakers...getting tired of chasing polka dotted lines, but they just keep coming! One of the owner-ops at work drive their's as a team, by slipseating it. She takes it out and when she gets back, he takes it out. 6-7 hundred miles each, per driver per day. Poor old truck didn't catch it's breathe till the motor went at 1.4, and a week later a used motor from an auction was building air on the brakes. That only lasted a year till a rod chewed a hole through the side of the block. Now they are back to making payments on a newer one. The cycle never ends...
David from jax