Another large yard project completed by a BX2230

/ Another large yard project completed by a BX2230 #41  
canoetrpr said:
Trying to figure out where to best spend my money. Ideally it is better spent on stuff that hooks up to the tractor rather than the tractor itself as I think that I will trade in a couple years (one reason I've been pushing off on getting rear remotes and a BH installed).

I imagine then that you are probably manually adjusting your rippers (or top-link) after you have ripped to level?

I've never used a BB. How much effort is it to manually adjust the rippers anyway - is it one at a time?... sorry if these questions sound dumb.
Yes the scarifiers have pins in each one so they have to be adjusted separately.

/ Another large yard project completed by a BX2230
Texas Dodge said:
Yes the scarifiers have pins in each one so they have to be adjusted separately.

Ditto. I have seen hydraulically adjustable scarifiers, but the rig looks VERY heavy and expensive. Gross overkill for my liitle machine, but perhaps better suited to a large machine.

They are very easy to adjust and I only have 3. Approximately 45 seconds to raise, lower, or remove all three.

Normally I either go deep (as I did at the beginning of the project), flat (as I normally store the box blade) or remove the scarifiers altogether. I found during the later "fine grading" portion of my project that the boxblade works very well if the scarifiers are removed as this allows the box to "release" the dead grass and root matter easier and makes the whole fine grading exercise quicker. At that point you're essentially trying to fill the furrows you made before, so you're trying to make your engagement area as flat as possible. This is the phase where the hydraulically adjustable links would be particularly helpful. The scarifiers just get in the way at this later stage, so I found.

/ Another large yard project completed by a BX2230 #43  
KeithInSpace said:
They are very easy to adjust and I only have 3. Approximately 45 seconds to raise, lower, or remove all three.
I have 6 on mine takes about a minute and a half for me to adjust all 6 of them.

/ Another large yard project completed by a BX2230 #44  
Thanks guys. Sure does not sound like the TnT is an absolute pre-requisite for what I plan to do with a BB. I only have a 200ft gravel driveway to grade.

There are a few pot holes in it right now that I'd really like to rip up and grade. TnT would be nice fore sure but does sound like I should go ahead and get the BB and delay the decision on the TnT until I figure out whether to keep the tractor or change before getting a BH.

/ Another large yard project completed by a BX2230 #45  
Brian - I'm interested to know how heavy your BB is.

I'd like to get a 6ft and hope that my L3400 can handle it so that I don't have to move up implements if/when I go to a GL.

/ Another large yard project completed by a BX2230 #46  
canoetrpr said:
Brian - I'm interested to know how heavy your BB is.

I'd like to get a 6ft and hope that my L3400 can handle it so that I don't have to move up implements if/when I go to a GL.
I have an Armstrong Ag 6ft BB, it weighs 425lbs.

42366BB3.jpg

42366BB4.jpg

42366BB5.jpg

The L3400 has no problem with picking it up:)

/ Another large yard project completed by a BX2230 #47  
Texas Dodge said:
I have an Armstrong Ag 6ft BB, it weighs 425lbs.

42366BB3.jpg

42366BB4.jpg

42366BB5.jpg

The L3400 has no problem with picking it up:)

Very nice Kubota you got!
/Sam