Another New Guy GC1715

/ Another New Guy GC1715 #1  

OvRnOuT

Tractor
GC 1715
Afternoon everyone....

New guy here from Shrewsbury PA. Picked up my 1715 a few weeks ago and having a blast. The learning curve stings a bit at times, but grass grows back. :D

First off thank you everyone for all of the invaluable information contributed to this forum. It has tremendously helped me come along with my new sub compact.

My wife and I only have a half acre but we have a very complex hill that is our back yard. I didn't feel the original machine I researched would suit my needs. (Legacy XL) and after the test drive/s plus the side by side experience, I went sour on the Legacy. Nothing against Simplicity but for my money I needed a little more beef.

With this purchase I did things a little different. I sort of bought first and then did the bulk of my research on other brands second. :laughing: Luckily it didn't and hasn't come back to bite me. I've only heard great things about the Massey name so I didn't wast anytime after my 3 hour dealer visit/test drives.

The only thing I was disappointed with was the mower deck wheel height settings. My dealer stated you can set the height of the mowing deck to 5 inches. He forgot to mention the settings go from 3.5 to 4.7 and stop there. I really would have liked a 4, 4.5, 5 notch to play around with. Not sure why Massey cut the holes this way, but too late now. The cut from the 60 inch mowing deck is perfect.

Anyway...Here she is day one first assignment before the first cut. The previous home owner had 21 pine trees planted on the hill that needed removing.
IMG950830.jpg

Thanks again and I look forward to interacting with everyone.

Jason

/ Another New Guy GC1715 #2  
Welcome to the forum Jason, and the best with your new purchase .

/ Another New Guy GC1715 #5  
Welcome. As another Massey GC1715 owner . . I'm sure you'll have more threads to create and posts to respond to. The GC1715 is a great machine that becons you to use it more and more :)

/ Another New Guy GC1715 #6  
:welcome: from S/W Ohio
nice looking rig
now go get it dirty

/ Another New Guy GC1715 #7  
Afternoon everyone....

New guy here from Shrewsbury PA. Picked up my 1715 a few weeks ago and having a blast. The learning curve stings a bit at times, but grass grows back. :D

First off thank you everyone for all of the invaluable information contributed to this forum. It has tremendously helped me come along with my new sub compact.

My wife and I only have a half acre but we have a very complex hill that is our back yard. I didn't feel the original machine I researched would suit my needs. (Legacy XL) and after the test drive/s plus the side by side experience, I went sour on the Legacy. Nothing against Simplicity but for my money I needed a little more beef.

With this purchase I did things a little different. I sort of bought first and then did the bulk of my research on other brands second. :laughing: Luckily it didn't and hasn't come back to bite me. I've only heard great things about the Massey name so I didn't wast anytime after my 3 hour dealer visit/test drives.

The only thing I was disappointed with was the mower deck wheel height settings. My dealer stated you can set the height of the mowing deck to 5 inches. He forgot to mention the settings go from 3.5 to 4.7 and stop there. I really would have liked a 4, 4.5, 5 notch to play around with. Not sure why Massey cut the holes this way, but too late now. The cut from the 60 inch mowing deck is perfect.

Anyway...Here she is day one first assignment before the first cut. The previous home owner had 21 pine trees planted on the hill that needed removing.
View attachment 430545

Thanks again and I look forward to interacting with everyone.

Jason

Congrats on the tractor! I too ended up going Massey over Simplicity (and Green, and Yanmar) in the end. I can't say I don't miss the simplicity cut, but I don't think I would have been happy with the loader. The Massey has done everything I've asked of it and then some. I'm starting to think the only mistake i made was not getting the Backhoe to dig out rocks and stumps...and plant trees, and dig trenches.....but storage, and dollars, were an issue.

And, the Massey cuts pretty nicely. When I want the Simplicity cut and stripes, I get out the Broadmoor.