Another Newbie looking for an opinion

/ Another Newbie looking for an opinion #1  

Kipper76

Bronze Member
I am in escrow on a 10ac ranch. I know eventually (sooner rather than later) I am going need a machine to do some work for me (shredder, disc(or tiller), loader).

Horses and larger scale gardening (1ac-ish?) will be new to me though my wife grew up with horses/ranches.

The property in mostly flat with a slight roll. It is 99% clear but a few oaks.

Anyway, I've been looking around and saw this. Is it a good/decent deal? I haven't done anymore than look at the listing. From the pic's it looks to be in good shape.

2004 Mahindra 3505 DI, loader & shredder, fertilizer spreader, 136 hrs for $8500

From what I've seen for prices on used equipment it seems like a decent price. I've seen that I can get a Bobcat CT230 for $13,000ish but that's too steep for me.

Opinions?
Advice?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Oh, and if it matters I am just outside of San Antonio Tx.

Last edited:
   / Another Newbie looking for an opinion #2  
I don't know that much about Mahindra, but there are several on TBN that swear by them. It sounds like it is a good deal to me, especially with the extra implements. You didn't say how many hours it had on the engine. But if you go check it out and there doesn't seem to be a problem with it, I would say buy.

/ Another Newbie looking for an opinion
I don't know that much about Mahindra, but there are several on TBN that swear by them. It sounds like it is a good deal to me, especially with the extra implements. You didn't say how many hours it had on the engine. But if you go check it out and there doesn't seem to be a problem with it, I would say buy.

136 hours. I don't think that is alot for a 5 year old machine, is it?

/ Another Newbie looking for an opinion #4  
136 hours. I don't think that is alot for a 5 year old machine, is it?

NOPE! I just missed that on the OP's info. But I still think that he needs to see it run and not go from pictures.

/ Another Newbie looking for an opinion #5  
I am in escrow on a 10ac ranch. I know eventually (sooner rather than later) I am going need a machine to do some work for me (shredder, disc(or tiller), loader).

Horses and larger scale gardening (1ac-ish?) will be new to me though my wife grew up with horses/ranches.

The property in mostly flat with a slight roll. It is 99% clear but a few oaks.

Anyway, I've been looking around and saw this. Is it a good/decent deal? I haven't done anymore than look at the listing. From the pic's it looks to be in good shape.

2004 Mahindra 3505 DI, loader & shredder, fertilizer spreader, 136 hrs for $8500

From what I've seen for prices on used equipment it seems like a decent price. I've seen that I can get a Bobcat CT230 for $13,000ish but that's too steep for me.

Opinions?
Advice?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Oh, and if it matters I am just outside of San Antonio Tx.

That $8500 a good dealer resale price for the 3505 alone, especially with low engine hours like the one you're eyeballing. Add the FEL and the implements and you're golden. Go for it.

Give it a good test drive. Check the oil level and the tranny/hydraulic fluid level first. No coolant in the oil--no oil in the coolant. No funny colors or smells from the hydraulic fluid.

Be sure there are no leaks (check the ground under the tractor). No blue smoke after the engine warms up for a while. Check the steering (I assume it's power steering) for function and leaks. Check the 3pt hitch, preferably with a heavy implement attached. Check the FEL function and hoses, preferably by scooping up a load of soil, sand, gravel, etc. Check the tranny to be sure it's shifting OK and that you can get into all the gears--forward and reverse. Check all the gauges for function--especially the oil and temp gauges. Check the tires for cracks, dry rot, other damage. If it has hydraulic remotes, ask the seller if he has an implement you can hook up to and check out the remotes (the valve and the quick disconnects for leaks).

I have a 2008 Mahindra 5525 (54 hp engine, 45 hp pto, 2WD, power steering, constant partial mesh tranny) with the ML250 FEL (6-ft bucket, 2950 lb lift capacity). It's one strong, heavy machine--hardly any plastic parts--lotsa heavy steel structure and sheet metal.

Thanks for the input!

I've shot the guy an email to go and check it out. I'll report back in a few days.

Back on the hunt.

He replied to my email... sold it today.