another outdoor wood burner question

/ another outdoor wood burner question #1  

badbowtie

Bronze Member
Tractor
B7100 gear drive
Okay I have another thread to building a big outdoor wood burner to heat my house and garage. But since It will cost in the ballpark of 3000 to build this year I can't build it right know. I built this wood stove you can see in the pictures up the back and accross the top it has a 4" gap. I was looking for insight like will it work? To build another 4" gap on both sides and cut the gaps all open to be connected and move it outside behind my garage and install a small water pump in it to circulate the water just into my garage with a radiator with a fan to heat the garage. I would really like to not have to worry aout the open flame in the garage I have a unch of bondo and body work to do this winter. Also working on cars all the time in there I don't have to worry about fumes exploding.

DSC00757.sized.jpg

DSC00758.sized.jpg

/ another outdoor wood burner question #2  
They make kits to heat water from a woodburner, through a copper coil system with a low flow pump, for domestic hot water.
Something like that could be adapted for your situation.

/ another outdoor wood burner question
Okay I wll look into that. I ran a couple quick measurements and would end up having about 80 gallons of water just around the firebox.