Another Tragedy

/ Another Tragedy
Jim, that really is a tragedy. I know it's tough for everyone, but especially the daughter who found him. Our prayers will go out to that family.

Bird

/ Another Tragedy #22  
Geeze, Jim! That fella's kids are pretty close in age to my own, and it pains me to imagine what the loss of their father means to them.

It's bad enough when something like this happens, but when the victim is a child, like Steve's cousin, or kids are left behind, it seems so much worse. My thoughts are certainly with the family and friends of the teacher, and we can only hope that our own board members just became a little more aware of what can happen out there in the field.

HarvSig.gif

/ Another Tragedy #23  
Re: Another Tragedy (pirate flag)

Jim,

What a terrible thing!

I always read these "tragedy" reports with a conflicting mix of feelings: Overwhelming sadness for the suffering and loss which results,... increased "healthy" (I hope!) fear, which I count-on to keep me always ALERT!,.. and gratitude for this website, which reduces the ignorance about these hazards which can result in such often-avoidable injury or death.

I am going to put a "pirate flag", and a small notebook listing "tragedies" (and hazards) on my tractor. Whenever someone asks me what the flag means, I am going to ask them to "pick-a-number". When they do, I'll read them the corresponding "tragedy" report, ... thereby perhaps educating them a little, and certainly reminding myself of what the cost of inattention or forgetfullness can be.

Liberty is not the only thing that requires "eternal vigilance", ...and "familiarity" can breed some things much worse than "contempt"!
Stay safe, everbody!

Larry

/ Another Tragedy #24  
Re: Another Tragedy (pirate flag)

Great Idea Larry!

I'm gunna do the same thing. If it's visible . . . every time you climb on board you will see it. . . .and people ask questions. . . . . maybe if just one life out there could be saved by being extra cautious. . . . . .take some time and think about it. . . . .

/ Another Tragedy #25  
Reading this thread always saddens me and I think about my 3 yr old boy and 1 1/2 year old girl. It really is depressing to hear these stories but they MUST be heard.

It sure reminds me of all the dangers and how quickly ones life can change forever.

Brad, Kubota L3010HST, loader, R4 tires
Pictures at http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=179207&a=9183978