Antonio carraro TF 8400

/ Antonio carraro TF 8400 #1  

The Mechanic

Tractor
Ford 445C
Wouldn’t go into gear without grinding replaced the hydraulic clutch master cylinder slave cylinder seems to move well, pulled engine and installed new clutch kit, still has the same problem pulled engine again, and have realized that both transmission input spline shafts seem to only turn together, has anybody ever seen this issue? I’m thinking the small spline is turned by the flywheel and it seems to spin the large spine. That’s why it won’t go into gear without grinding. I think the clutch is fine. Any thoughts?

/ Antonio carraro TF 8400 #2  
Welcome to TBN.

The shaft in the flywheel is your PTO shaft and it has galled or a bearing is binding to the transmission input shaft, so your thoughts are correct, but now you are going to need to get into the transmission.

Good luck, not an easy tractor to work on!

/ Antonio carraro TF 8400
Thank you I really appreciate your reply. I’m going to drain fluid and see how bad they look. Haven’t done that yet.

/ Antonio carraro TF 8400
I’m in Rogue River Oregon and was leery to tackle my friends Tractor issue. I have never worked on one of these before but I can say they getting manuals were easy. They emailed them to me from Washington state. I’m pretty sure it’s their West Coast distributor in the US. I will find the information if anybody needs it and post it.