Anybody know anything about 'Multione'?

/ Anybody know anything about 'Multione'? #1  

iris49truck

Tractor
2005 Kubota BX23
Anybody know anything about \'Multione\'?

Hi. Long time lurker trying to learn all about different tractors before making a purchase. I ran across an ad in Compact Equipment magazine for an articulated tractor called Multione. Their website is www.multione.com and they look interesting but I have never heard of them before. Anybody out there know anything about them or their pricing? Thanks.

/ Anybody know anything about 'Multione'? #2  
Re: Anybody know anything about \'Multione\'?

Way cool looking machines! I had never heard of them either. Their S18B has an air-cooled Robin engine, a weight and lift capacity comparable to the 4 series PTs. The operators control pod/stick looks quite sophisticated.

In the specs for the diferent models, they use the terms "petrol" and "tyres" which would make me think that the units are British/European. I don't know that for a fact though.

I too would like to learn more about these units.

/ Anybody know anything about 'Multione'? #3  

Hi - I have check into these machines - very nice
I ordered all the literature for them - They have several very nice features and controls similar to a skid steer - like variable, intermittent and reverse aux hydraulics, also they have an extendable boom - I think the largest machine (which is similar in size to the 1845) has a lift pin height of an incredible 140 inches when extended. They are heavier than a similar sized PT which probably accounts for the higher lift power.

Also - the engine sits a little farther back in relation to the rear wheels vs the PT - thus providing a little more counter weight leverage.

You can also get a diesel in the smaller machines (425 sized) which I know is very important to some folks out there.

BUT........ It will cost you - For the SL 30hp size machine (second to largest) 97 inches long and 2200 lbs.

(Seven inches longer than the 425 but a lot heavier)

the price I got was $25K from a dealer - Also - this is not a widely distributed machine so finding a dealer may be difficult.

You should also check out the Gehl small articulated loader - many similar features - less money and more dealer availability and support.

Overall a littler hard to compare to the PT - a more expensive machine with dealer support with many features that some may be looking for - others may not

/ Anybody know anything about 'Multione'? #4  

Multione
009-multione-1819.jpg

Made in Italy
Telescoping front loader
Quick attach from the seat
Articulating
4WD hydrostatic
18-50hp

C.S.F. Multione Miniloader Home (also shows some accessories)

Great movie of a Multione in Japan dairy operation (wmv)

Grassland Corp near Albany, NY had this in their recent newsletter.

"Grassland Equipment & Irrigation Corporation recently contracted with CSF Multione to provide nationwide parts and service support for their unique Multione Product Line. Grassland, operating under the name US Multione, will be responsible for retail sales in eight states including, New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine and New Jersey. In addition, US Multione will provide service and parts support, “local” product availability, dealer floor plan and other dealer support services for Multione Dealers throughout the United States. Toro Siteworks Systems products will also be marketed
under the banner of US Multione, but only in the areas currently under contract with Toro. Grassland currently has three sales people dedicated to this product category, Chris Pogge, Joe Konicek and Les Pavonetti. Bob Goldbach has been appointed as the US Multione Service Manager and will work as a liaison between US Dealers and end users and the
factory.

A Division of Grassland Equipment & Irrigation Corp.
For more information visit our website -
www.multione.com
or Contact Chris Pogge 585-202-0885

Multione offers fixed frame skid steer style units from 14 to 25 horse power, and four wheel drive articulating units from 18 up to 50 horse power. Multione offers ride on capability, fast ground speeds, large lift capacities with higher lift heights then competitive units. These lightweight, compact units are easy to use and transport.
The Multione loaders are equipped with diesel, Yanmar or Daihatasu engines, and will accept many of the same attachments as other popular compact loaders, including trenchers, vibratory plows, augers, forks and a variety of buckets. Over 50 attachments available.
The Multione offers a surprisingly affordable option for those contractors, municipalities, golf courses, nurseries, or anyone else who needs the ultimate in flexibility in a compact ride-on loader. "

/ Anybody know anything about 'Multione'? #5  

While very interesting, none/few comparisons are made to the pts so i think this should go under another heading within the forum for wider perusal and information /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Anybody know anything about 'Multione'? #6  

As i said before European farmers don't have to look how they are going to pay for their equipment, the governments of central Europe give large subventions to farmers to keep arable land open, ie Lamburgini tractors, my fathers first job, Aebi. Here in the USA we have to first make the money and such huge expenses for not much more output can't be justified. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Anybody know anything about 'Multione'? #7  

In May of this year 2019 I bought a multi-one 6.3+ new from Martin's equipment in Geneva New York. Three months later a hydraulic hose broke. Both multi-one and the dealer said”we don't warranty hoses” but nobody said”why did the hose fail? instead they were all set to give me a $800 repair bill on a three-month-old tractor. Needless to say I was very unhappy and expressed my extreme displeasure to the dealer. The dealer put a splice in the hose and wrapped pieces inner tube around the hose to protect it. I told the dealer I would not accept that, and he told me that he had done me a favor. Multi-one has tentatively admitted the problem is a manufacturing error but as of this point in time 10/15/2019, they have done nothing. I traded in the 10-year-old Kubota with 900 hours on it. In those 10 years there was only one major repair job done on the Kubota was at about 600 hours a hydraulic valve developed a small leak. If I had paid the $800 repair bill on the multi-one, I would have spent more money in repairs on a three-month-old multi-one than I did on a 10-year-old Kubota. Given that the multi-one cost three times as much as the Kubota I would not say that is exactly a ringing endorsement for multi-one.

/ Anybody know anything about 'Multione'? #8  
I realize you did a Google search to find this thread but its a 15 year old post.

/ Anybody know anything about 'Multione'? #9  

In May of this year 2019 I bought a multi-one 6.3+ new from Martin's equipment in Geneva New York. Three months later a hydraulic hose broke. Both multi-one and the dealer said”we don't warranty hoses” but nobody said”why did the hose fail? instead they were all set to give me a $800 repair bill on a three-month-old tractor. Needless to say I was very unhappy and expressed my extreme displeasure to the dealer. The dealer put a splice in the hose and wrapped pieces inner tube around the hose to protect it. I told the dealer I would not accept that, and he told me that he had done me a favor. Multi-one has tentatively admitted the problem is a manufacturing error but as of this point in time 10/15/2019, they have done nothing. I traded in the 10-year-old Kubota with 900 hours on it. In those 10 years there was only one major repair job done on the Kubota was at about 600 hours a hydraulic valve developed a small leak. If I had paid the $800 repair bill on the multi-one, I would have spent more money in repairs on a three-month-old multi-one than I did on a 10-year-old Kubota. Given that the multi-one cost three times as much as the Kubota I would not say that is exactly a ringing endorsement for multi-one.

Are you asking a question or just joined to vent?

Anyhow, welcome to TBN. I hope you sort out the problem and move along from it and enjoy the machine.