Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Anyone ever use a telehandler for snow removal? And if so,

/ Anyone ever use a telehandler for snow removal? And if so, #11  
I would imagine that the flow rate will dictate fan speed. Faster fan speed will throw farther and clear the blower faster allowing for faster travel speed. Compared to a 3pt blower, these impellers are rather small and must be spinning faster than 540 rpms to be effective.

/ Anyone ever use a telehandler for snow removal? And if so, #12  
I am still seeing snowblowers that are within the 21.1 gpm spec for the V519 or V723. What am I missing? Some are 14-31 gpm. Is 21 going to be underpowered?

Snowblower Specs

Asking, as I am considering a CTH instead of a tractor as well.
No experience with snowblowers, but since the bigger ones are approved for the V519, they should work OK especially if you don't need to throw it real far.

My only motor driven attachment is rated for low flow, 15 to 25 gpm, it has 3/4 inch hoses:

P4060003.JPG

This was some 8' tall ragweed:

PA010010.JPG

That little creek is mostly silt, if I drove forward 5' the wheels would sink down to the axle :eek::

PA010016.JPG

Same pond, same silt, different CTH:

PB220005 Silt.JPG

Get a Compact Telehandler, they are amazing.

/ Anyone ever use a telehandler for snow removal? And if so, #13  
There will be a significant impeller speed variance between 14 and 31 gpm. That spread is too wide for the hyd motor to be effective accross the range. Presume pressure remains constant between machines. Take a mower as another example, the recommended difference in flow for specific cu inch motor, is not more than 5 gpm and the performance ( blade tip speed) would be significant in that limited range.

As for three point blowers, they have a gearbox. I have a blower but not sure of the ratio, but suspect it is greater than 1 to 1. Typical 540 rpm rotary ratio is 1 to 1.48 or greater.

/ Anyone ever use a telehandler for snow removal? And if so, #14  
As for three point blowers, they have a gearbox. I have a blower but not sure of the ratio, but suspect it is greater than 1 to 1. Typical 540 rpm rotary ratio is 1 to 1.48 or greater.

The impeller on a 3pt blower spins at pto speed. The gearbox is to drive the auger.

/ Anyone ever use a telehandler for snow removal? And if so, #15  
True for the Toolcat, but not the compact telehandlers.

I am still seeing snowblowers that are within the 21.1 gpm spec for the V519 or V723. What am I missing? Some are 14-31 gpm. Is 21 going to be underpowered?

Snowblower Specs

Asking, as I am considering a CTH instead of a tractor as well.

/ Anyone ever use a telehandler for snow removal? And if so, #16  
Interesting that this double post is a day later than the first one. :confused3:

Can anyone post a double answer?

/ Anyone ever use a telehandler for snow removal? And if so, #17  
There will be a significant impeller speed variance between 14 and 31 gpm. That spread is too wide for the hyd motor to be effective accross the range. Presume pressure remains constant between machines. Take a mower as another example, the recommended difference in flow for specific cu inch motor, is not more than 5 gpm and the performance ( blade tip speed) would be significant in that limited range.
It depends on the blower. My 3 point blower does not. I believe that most with a reduction are front blowers where the PTO speed is dropped to match the 540RPM that they were built for as rear snowblowers.

Aaron Z