anyone got the yamaha s-yxg50 wavetable synth archive file?

/ anyone got the yamaha s-yxg50 wavetable synth archive file? #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
yamaha s-yxg50 is a midi / wavetable software syntesizer so that you don't have to use a midi module hooked to yor laptop to convertmidi files into music.

Aparently it has been out since around 97, was a free download, but is now unavailable from yamaha.

A musician i know uses it on his laptopso he doesn'thve to tope an extra 2-3 modules around to plug into his pa. he no longer has the original archive, just running the install on his xp pc. I've been searching all night trying to find a copy.

a google search turns up pagesof hits. So far everything i ca find is a dead link, or sme stupid search pge tatpops up adds or tristo, and even tough theris downldoption.. it's fake nd is just more google pop adds s id'd by my junkware software.

Anyone actually got the master file. i believe it is somewhere between 4mb and 7mb depending on which version is available. for winxp is what i'm looking for. if anyone has the archive, or has it on a linkable or shared server i'd love to get a link. if the sound is good from the 2/4mb wavetable i can get away with less gear.

thanks

/ anyone got the yamaha s-yxg50 wavetable synth archive file? #2  
Try this one: nodevice.com/driver/S-YXG50/get43254.html for the Yamaha S-YXG50 v4.23.14S WDM software.
Its 22MB as they bundle their driverscan software but if you download it, then extract with 7zip, there is a 8.6MB file named S-YXG50V4.zip which may be what you are looking for.
Might also need the info from YAMAHA XG SoftSynthesizer S-YXG50 v4.21.03 - Sound Cards - LaptopVideo2Go Forums if its a demo version.

Aaron Z

/ anyone got the yamaha s-yxg50 wavetable synth archive file?
HEY.. it sure might be it! name is correct anyway.

I searched for 3 hours last night on bing and google. found tons of hits. but nothing that actually led to a download or looked legit. got a few places where my junkware filter blocked me from going.. and some palces that just looked like re-direct sites.

I'll pop that on a cd and see if it is the sound module i have been looking hi and low for.

ok.. begs the question.. how long did it take you to find it? :) I feel an embarrising low answer coming on.. ;)

/ anyone got the yamaha s-yxg50 wavetable synth archive file? #4  
ok.. begs the question.. how long did it take you to find it? :) I feel an embarrising low answer coming on.. ;)
20-30 minutes? Have to dig through my browsing history when I get back home to see for sure. I searched for "yamaha s-yxg50" and dug through a few forums one of which linked to the now defunct Yamaha page and said that the program name was "Yamaha S-YXG50 v4.23.14S WDM" once I searched for that, it took ~ 5 mins
Also spent some time on the Japanese version of the Yamaha site (doable if one uses Chrome and lets it do the translation), bit the file itself doesnt appear to be available there (but there is a file that might be an update at http://jp.yamaha.com%26num%3D50%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial%26channel%3Drcs]Google Translate[/url] )
See also http://erpman1.tripod.com/current/sxgtips.txt

Aaron Z

/ anyone got the yamaha s-yxg50 wavetable synth archive file? #5  
Soundguy I think I may have the original disk for the yamaha soundcards I will check and let you know .

Soundguy I think I may have the original disk for the yamaha soundcards I will check and let you know .

thanks.

so far i can get the file.. but it is no longer a yamaha supported product. the pronblem exists is that i can only find the trial version that wants a serial# file. yamaha no longer sells it. there was a full version that came with some cards / toshiba laptops and that ser# file will work.. just havn't located it yet.

let me know what you find on the sound card info.

thanks

thanks.

so far i can get the file.. but it is no longer a yamaha supported product. the pronblem exists is that i can only find the trial version that wants a serial# file. yamaha no longer sells it. there was a full version that came with some cards / toshiba laptops and that ser# file will work.. just havn't located it yet.

let me know what you find on the sound card info.

thanks

/ anyone got the yamaha s-yxg50 wavetable synth archive file? #8  
Sound guy..
Just found that disk after digging awhile..The installation disc is the ymf series xg. It lists on the front installation disc for the application,Manual,and the xg software wavetable..Dont know if it's what you are looking for..
Regard's
Sean

it very well may be. that other software did not pan out.. no way to update it with a valid key, at least for the non retail version..

3.5" discs?