Anyone have a 2860E w/ 8x8 and FEL?

/ Anyone have a 2860E w/ 8x8 and FEL? #1  

olnorthwestgeezer

Tractor
MF175
Looking for some feedback from the horses mouth re: incidence of repair rate on the 2860E w/ 8x8 and FEL w/ quick attach. Since there's a small sample size out there to draw from given the 4 short years this model has been manufactured, I'd like to know what I would be getting myself into if I pull the trigger on buying this model. Any major flaws/breakdowns? I'm looking at an open station with MF 3rd function front and rear, engine block heater, vented oil cap, grille guard, seat armrest kit, rear wheel disc weights, rear wheel spacers. The local dealer is working on the line item breakdown and 6 or 7 questions I sent them 7 days ago (not a promising sign). They tell me factory orders are 18 months out so that's not happening. I figured factory installed options would be a better idea given my past experiences with shoddy workmanship by store techs working on my previous tractors. The mgr. is telling me the factory wouldn't install the options anyway - not sure he's got his facts straight (he admitted he's new at this and Agri-Service opened the location recently). One YouTuber review of this model with a 3rd function front commented he thought he was getting the function button integrated into the FEL knob but it was mounted on the body instead. Maybe there will be some engineering tweaks on the 2024 model?? The hydro flow for this size tractor is what caught my eye. Not sure if MF offers an optional auxilliary rear-mounted operator's lever for 3-point or a hydraulic top link - not on their options list.

Last edited:
   / Anyone have a 2860E w/ 8x8 and FEL? #2  
Following.
I just talked to our local dealer in Manitoba. He said new orders are about 6 months.

I'm in the same boat. There is not much info out there in regards of reliability.