Anyone help diagnose this sound?

/ Anyone help diagnose this sound? #1  

pimpintackle

Tractor
Kubota RTV1140
Looking at picking this up at auction. Anyone have any idea what is happening in reverse on this video? Do you hear that 'grinding'?

Check it out around 18 seconds mark.

Thanks!

/ Anyone help diagnose this sound? #3  
Sounds like the centrifugal clutch isn't engaging properly in reverse. Interesting that it is just in reverse. Probably not the most expensive fix if you can get it bought right. Figure at lease $1,500 to fix it though. Just a complete guess. I'm not a gambling man though and wouldn't do it with my money.

/ Anyone help diagnose this sound?
Sounds expensive to fix...
That's what I was kind of afraid of as well. Maybe just only drive forward huh :)
Sounds like the centrifugal clutch isn't engaging properly in reverse. Interesting that it is just in reverse.
You sure someone didn't just dump a couple marbles in somewhere? :)

/ Anyone help diagnose this sound? #5  
Loose chain ?

/ Anyone help diagnose this sound? #6  
Why I never buy anything at auction unless it's certified to be issue free. Looks to me like big issues...for you.

/ Anyone help diagnose this sound? #7  
It sounds to me like it’s not going into gear all the way, I noticed he was messing with the shifter for a few seconds to get it to back up. A guess on my part.

/ Anyone help diagnose this sound? #8  
***It sounds to me like it’s not going into gear all the way, I noticed he was messing with the shifter for a few seconds to get it to back up. A guess on my part.***

That's what it sounds like to me. It'd be nice to find a manual for it and see if there is adjustment on the shifting linkage. Or could be the PO just crammed it enough to bend the linkage. If it's a cable, could have just slipped in a clamp near the transmission connection point not allowing it to move far enough to properly engage in reverse.

Knowing me, when they get ready to sell and demonstrate it, I'd ask if it will move so as to intentionally do that. Could weed out a lot of prospective bidders, and someone could get the deal of the day. Might be worth your time to visit a dealership and ask a mechanic after showing them this video. They could probably tell you the problem in a heartbeat.

/ Anyone help diagnose this sound? #9  
A friends kubota side by side wont work in reverse any longer. Kubota wants $3500 to fix. Those things are expensive to repair.

/ Anyone help diagnose this sound? #10  
Looking at picking this up at auction. Anyone have any idea what is happening in reverse on this video? Do you hear that 'grinding'?

Check it out around 18 seconds mark.

Thanks!
Not sure if this model has U-Joints, slip yokes or what but that could be a worn out driveshaft joint and they tend to be directional. Or possibly a half-shaft which can also be directional when trouble shooting.