Anyone know how to reduce noise level on a JD 5055?

/ Anyone know how to reduce noise level on a JD 5055? #1  

logix

Tractor
John Deere 5055E Case 2090 JD 620 Farmall F20
I have a JD 5055 E and was wondering if anyone knows how to make these quieter. I think this is loudest tractor I have ever driven that has all of the muffler in place.

/ Anyone know how to reduce noise level on a JD 5055? #2  
Does it have any kind to roof mounted on roll bar. Did not see one in any picture I just reviewed.

If you came from a less than 50 HP class that could be a factor.

India imports a good tractor in most all cases but seem to be less refined like with noise.

Sounds like a super tractor.

Welcome to the Forum.

/ Anyone know how to reduce noise level on a JD 5055? #3  
You could try a good set of on the ear noise headphones. The decibel level of most tractors isn't good for one's hearing and this is a cheap fix.

/ Anyone know how to reduce noise level on a JD 5055? #4  
Does it have a canopy on it?

/ Anyone know how to reduce noise level on a JD 5055?
You could try a good set of on the ear noise headphones. The decibel level of most tractors isn't good for one's hearing and this is a cheap fix.

It does have a canopy with the noise reducing material underneath. I wear earmuffs all the time and add earplugs if plowing for extended time. Its much louder than my tractor twice this size.

/ Anyone know how to reduce noise level on a JD 5055? #6  
It does have a canopy with the noise reducing material underneath. I wear earmuffs all the time and add earplugs if plowing for extended time. Its much louder than my tractor twice this size.

Then I would say it's as quiet as the factory intended. You could call them and ask about a different muffler or other suggestions.

/ Anyone know how to reduce noise level on a JD 5055? #7  
Then I would say it's as quiet as the factory intended. You could call them and ask about a different muffler or other suggestions.
About the only way to reduce the noise is to put on a good cab. This quiets them down quite a bit but you are never going to have it run quiet like setting inside of a car.

/ Anyone know how to reduce noise level on a JD 5055? #8  
FIL or BIL removed the roof off of the ROPS to make the 1976 265 MF more quite to ride right after they got it. I leave it off due to low limbs when bush hogging.

/ Anyone know how to reduce noise level on a JD 5055? #9  
Do you have the vertical riser pipe? Ask dealer about a side exhaust kit that turns down. Maybe this would reduce the noise. Personally I was surprised on how quiet the 5075E is, even with the pipe located on the side close to the operator station, as compared to the 6 cylinder 4020's and 4230's I grew up on. I guess it's all relative. In fact, I was worried when I cut about 10" off the pipe and put a flapper on it so it would fit in the shed that it would be louder, but I don't notice it.