Anyone regret buying a smaller tractor to be able to afford a cab?

/ Anyone regret buying a smaller tractor to be able to afford a cab? #21  
Good point.

Even here in northern N.H. the brutally cold weather is rarely accompanied by snow...it's usually in the teens or 20s when we get snow, and I'm fine in that weather with just warm clothes. Summers here rarely get above 85 or so...if it's hotter than that, there's nothing that can't be put off until it cools off. If I lived in the south I might think otherwise. Besides, half the fun of seat time is being out in the fresh air.

when i want fresh air i slide the little handle to outside air.....than heat it on the way into the cab :laughing:

/ Anyone regret buying a smaller tractor to be able to afford a cab? #22  
Well repairing an AC system if/when it fails after your warranty... I guess I figure my 150-200hrs a year isn't enough usage to make me enjoy paying that bill when it comes. .

HEy, whatever tou tell yourself that makes you sleep better at night is all that matters i guess but this excuse is off the wall:laughing:

/ Anyone regret buying a smaller tractor to be able to afford a cab? #23  
You could get some winter wear. A $100 down-filled jacket, $120 -100F boots, some snow pants, polypropylene underwear, neck warmer, cheap ski googles and a toque and I was plowing this winter in -15C and a nice 20mph wind and was pretty close to sweating just sitting there... Really any colder than that and I didn't want to start the tractor for the tractor's sake. I don't have a way to plug it in where I parked it this winter.
I guess if you are working in the woods its tough to dress for sawing and then sitting on the tractor pulling a load if you've got a long draw. Probably then I'd just leave an extra jacket on the tractor but a warm cab would be nicer for sure.

Yeah, but were you drinking a cup of coffee listening to the weather band???:D

/ Anyone regret buying a smaller tractor to be able to afford a cab?
HEy, whatever tou tell yourself that makes you sleep better at night is all that matters i guess but this excuse is off the wall:laughing:
Maybe, how many 10 year old cars have never needed AC work? 15 years old? 20 years old? I know I don't see to many ads for 20+ year old cabbed tractors with working AC. And then keeping the wiper motors and defrosters and interior lights and door latches and window latches and window seals and door seals and the fan and switches and resistor block all working over the decades, and then something goes wrong under the cab...
I figured for long long term hobby usage, I'd KISS because I'm often stupid and despite my efforts, I'm not a great mechanic...

/ Anyone regret buying a smaller tractor to be able to afford a cab? #25  
Maybe, how many 10 year old cars have never needed AC work? 15 years old? 20 years old? I know I don't see to many ads for 20+ year old cabbed tractors with working AC. And then keeping the wiper motors and defrosters and interior lights and door latches and window latches and window seals and door seals and the fan and switches and resistor block all working over the decades, and then something goes wrong under the cab...
I figured for long long term hobby usage, I'd KISS because I'm often stupid and despite my efforts, I'm not a great mechanic...

If you use the AC regularly, you will have less issues. Those who never use it, have the mist issues when they finally need to use it.
It is not as bad as you make it out to be. When the truck gets maintenance, the tractor does too. Silicone lube for tne door seals, HVAC filter checked, locks and hinges lubed, keep the dust down, the interior clean, and you wont have an issue.