Anyone tried veg. oil in a Kabota Tractor?

/ Anyone tried veg. oil in a Kabota Tractor? #1  

NewEnglandCliff

I have a 2005 Kubota GR2100 diesel garden tractor and wonder if I can run it on used vegetable oil during the warm months. Anyone doing this?

/ Anyone tried veg. oil in a Kabota Tractor? #2  
a lot of the newer diesels can be very picky with fuels types. My 04.5 doddge ram which has the commonrail 5.9 does not like veggie at all and cummins doesnt recomend anything higher than B20-30 biodiesel.

but I do know a few 06 and newer powerstroke owners 100% Waste veggie oil.
I do know they have to filter the crap out of it. it can not be directly poured in. they also use a special filter that works really well.

So If I were you i would see what Kubota suggests for alternative fuels in their motors. I would also look into a biodiesel maker instead of veggie. Veggie will definitley have more maintenance

/ Anyone tried veg. oil in a Kabota Tractor? #3  
In addition to being highly filtered it also needs to be heated. The majority of veggie oil conversion kits require that the engine run on diesel until hot so the heat transfer unit can heat up the veggie oil and then once hot you can switch fuel sources.

/ Anyone tried veg. oil in a Kabota Tractor? #4  
My tractor is running great on my home brew b95. Keep in mind its made from waist veggie oil but its not straight. I don't think I'm quite brave enough for that one. It might be fine but I would guess you would likely see more issues (just a guess though).

/ Anyone tried veg. oil in a Kabota Tractor?
Thanks, I've decided it's not an advantageous practice for me. Appreciate the info.