Anyone use a 3030 for landscape type work?

/ Anyone use a 3030 for landscape type work? #1  

SCOOBY14B

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2660 Ansung B2504 FE loader and Kubota MMM
I'm considering purchasing a tractor in the future for work around the house, and use in my landscape business.

Uses will be:
Bush hogging
final grade prep
drive-way prep/ upkeep
etc

I'd get 4wd, R-4's, loader, and HST. Just wondering if this size tractor would be adequate or if I should look for a slightly larger size. Money of course is a factor.

Any information/ advice would be greatly appreciated.

/ Anyone use a 3030 for landscape type work? #2  
I use a B2630 for landscaping jobs, mulching, moving top soil, aerating and so forth and it dose a great job so its big brother the 3030 should work fine for you. ITs weight dosen't damage the lawn either. I have the industrial tires also. Good luck in your purchase!

/ Anyone use a 3030 for landscape type work? #3  
I use my B3030 for landscape work and hobby farming 10 acres. The loader is plenty strong for mulch, dirt, manure and even rock. I have been very pleased with the loaders capabilities. I run a 55" landPride tiller without any complaints. Tilling sod will take a little longer just feather the hst and it will do a fine job. It will pull a 60" box blade, middle buster with out any problems. I use a 72" rake (with gage wheels) for gravel drive maintance. My rock is fairly loose so the rake does a great job.
I have owned my B3030 for 2.5 yrs without any problems. It has performed very well for my needs. Its size is great for manuvering it tight places. My opion it makes a great landscape tractor. If i was going to be doing alot of ground engaging tasks i would consider the larger L but it comes with a heavier foot print for landscape work.

/ Anyone use a 3030 for landscape type work? #4  
Barnboy said it all! My B3030 HSDC is the workhorse of my operation, loading,spraying,aerating,spreading,pulling,forking,rotary cutting,snowblowing,grading,etc. 3 seasons of year round commercial duty, no complaints at all! Kubota engineers got it right on the B3030. Just ask anyone who owns one! :cool:

/ Anyone use a 3030 for landscape type work? #5  
I bought my B3030 for the initial purpose of putting in my yard, and it worked great! I dug up tons of large rocks (wish I would of had a toothbar), hauled many buckets of rocks and dirt, and pulled many hours worth of land scape rake and bedspring drag with lots of weight on it. But don't take my word for it, listen to the guys truly in the business...........aka lawn_boy! The B3030 is also great for moving snow, in case the need arises for you.

/ Anyone use a 3030 for landscape type work? #6  
I've got a B3030 which I'm using to landscape an overgrown 4-acre garden that has not been touched for at least 30 years. I use the loader for most of the work but also have a 60" box grader that works a treat when leveling large areas of soil and/or putting in driveways etc. The 3030's ability to finely control the level of the rear implements is priceless to me - makes grading work easy.

I also bought a set of rear pallet forks which are perfect for moving materials delivered to site - they are also great for carrying logs and timber.

We recently needed to remove the extensive concrete footings from some old sheds. The 3030 shifted well over 200 tonnes of old concrete in a weekend.

I use Ag tires on mine - perfect for working in clay soil especially when pulling the grader - and they don't harm the lawn anything like as much as I feared. I bought a set of turf's with the tractor and have yet to use them!.

The B3030 is an amazing piece of kit and suits my needs perfectly.

Last edited:
   / Anyone use a 3030 for landscape type work? #7  
B7800 (the 3030's ugly brother) here :D, I just cleared about 4 acres of mature pine, spruce and poplar over the summer (you can see the crap I'm talking about in my avatar, and that's the small stuff!!! ). Plowed through with little trouble, use the BH for the stubborn roots. I had ZERO problems (other than a flat and a blown hyd. line), the machine had power to spare and came out smiling the whole time. The machine' size was perfect for this type of work, manoevers easy in the thick stuff. You won't have any problems with it for this kind of work, I was impressed to say the least!

/ Anyone use a 3030 for landscape type work? #8  
SCOOBY14B said:
I'm considering purchasing a tractor in the future for work around the house, and use in my landscape business.

Uses will be:
Bush hogging
final grade prep
drive-way prep/ upkeep
etc

I'd get 4wd, R-4's, loader, and HST. Just wondering if this size tractor would be adequate or if I should look for a slightly larger size. Money of course is a factor.

Any information/ advice would be greatly appreciated.

Scooby14B:

I have a 3030 that just turned 26 hours. I use it on my 12 acres for primarily the same use your looking for. I still have about 5 acres to reclaim with the brush hog, but that will have to wait till spring `08. My wife and I are in the design phase of building a home on the property and will be using the 3030 for other landscaping chores, backfilling etc. The 3030 is more tractor than I'll ever be able to use up, but MAN what a great tractor!

Enjoy the search....
Swmpbgy1