Anyone use AnchorSeal

/ Anyone use AnchorSeal #1  

N80

Tractor
Kubota L4400 4wd w/LA 703 FEL
I recently got a small band saw mill. Found a nice white oak that was blown down. Been down nearly a year but the entire trunk was off the ground so it is in good shape. Cut the trunk into 3 10 foot sections and applied Anchor Seal to the ends. I've never used it before. Put two coats on each log end. The next day the log ends had gone from thick white to a clear waxy sort of color. Is this normal?

/ Anyone use AnchorSeal #2  
Yes, that's normal. I think it is just going from a wax emulsion to a wax coating.

Ken

/ Anyone use AnchorSeal
Thanks!

/ Anyone use AnchorSeal #4  
^^^^
I’m still waiting for a review, and/or pictures of you sawing. 👍

/ Anyone use AnchorSeal
With regards to Anchor seal - I always seem to have left over latex paint.
Me too. Have read conflicting experiences with latex. Did not want to risk it on this particular log. It is a nice one. May try latex in the future when the Anchor Seal runs out.

/ Anyone use AnchorSeal
^^^^
I’m still waiting for a review, and/or pictures of you sawing. 👍
As far as a review, it is still early. It took two of us a day and a half to get it put together but it seems well made. Here is a picture of the completed assembly:

IMG_2286.jpg

Here is a picture of some largish beetle killed pines that are still in good usable shape. All of the larger ones are about as much as my tractor can handle. They are 14 feet long:

IMG_2270.jpg

The next picture is me putting one of the larger ones on the mill. Its around 20" and no problem for the mill. It is spec'd for 26" logs but suspect 24" is probably closer to the practical limit:

IMG_2335.jpg

Sorry, no actions shots. As far as performance, no complaints. We've had no wavy boards, no broken blades, no blades jumping off the wheels and so far we haven't sawed into the metal log stops either. I'm sure all those things will happen in time. I got three 6x6 (actual) 14 foot posts out of that log and a few 2x's of various sizes. Saw seems to have plenty of power for this size log but you can feel a difference between a 12" log and a 20" log. Not sure how it will handle a hardwood this size. The white oak log I mentioned above is nearly this big around. Blades are lasting longer than I expected but in the future we are going to have to decide on the best course for replacement/sharpening.

At first the process seemed complex but we just about have it down pat now and are moving along much faster. I'd say we've got about 5 hours on it.

/ Anyone use AnchorSeal #8  
^^^^
That's good to hear. If your directions are anything like that of my LX25 you probably spent some time scratching your head. Between the manual and their assembly video on Youtube, I still am not sure where one major component goes; although I got a brief glimpse of it in the video so have some idea.

Mine is mothballed until spring though... it snows just often enough that I can't clear a level spot to finish the assembly. I plan to take a week off in spring for sapping and sawing though... 👍

/ Anyone use AnchorSeal #9  
Anchor Seal works very well. I use it for turning blanks. Does change as mentioned above. Also know a lot of people who use paint

/ Anyone use AnchorSeal
^^^^
That's good to hear. If your directions are anything like that of my LX25 you probably spent some time scratching your head. Between the manual and their assembly video on Youtube, I still am not sure where one major component goes; although I got a brief glimpse of it in the video so have some idea.

Mine is mothballed until spring though... it snows just often enough that I can't clear a level spot to finish the assembly. I plan to take a week off in spring for sapping and sawing though... 👍
The instructions were generally quite good. There were no official videos. But we did run into one spot that took us a long time to figure out for a fairly minor thing. The manual was very unclear on that issue.