Anyone used the Amsoil 0W20 motor oil?

/ Anyone used the Amsoil 0W20 motor oil? #1  

Dargo

Tractor
Jinma, Foton, TYM, Belarus, Yanmar, Branson, Montana, Mahindra and maybe some green and orange too.
I just put it AMSOIL - 100% Synthetic 0W-20 Motor Oil (ASM) in my wife's 2006 Honda Accord along with Amsoil's top oil filter. I don't plan to go for any record on extended change intervals, but my wife will be driving a lot of highway miles taking my daughters who play on "travel" soccer teams to their games. When she drives mostly highway miles the oil change indicator computer thingy in the car will go between 7k to 9k miles before it calls for an oil change. Since I plan on keeping this car for quite a while, I didn't want to chance any sludge starting in the engine. According to Amsoil, I could reset the oil change computer and run the oil for another similar time frame safely.

I was just curious if anyone else has used this oil and what they thought about it. The oil cap calls for 5W-20 oil but Amsoil claims that the 0W20 is definitely compatible.

/ Anyone used the Amsoil 0W20 motor oil? #2  
I've been running it for a few months now. I run it in my Dodge Ram with the 5.7 Hemi and my wifes 300C with the 5.7 hemi. They both have MSD, where they run on 4 cylinders only part of the time, and they are suppose to run 5W-20 for this to work correctly. So far no problem and they run fine. I'm probably going to go for the oil change of once a year with these vehicles, which would be 12,000 miles or less. I wouldn't go the 25,000 miles that Amsoil says is O.K., but I might go 15,000 miles or more without a worry. It just depends on how much you trust their claims.

I'm running it as more of a convenience of just having to change the oil once a year than anything else.

/ Anyone used the Amsoil 0W20 motor oil? #3  
My wife's 2010 CRV requires 0W-20, and I did the first change last week with Mobil 1. At one time Mobil was the sole supplier of PAO basestocks and supplied Amsoil with their feed stock. Not sure how that works out today, but in my mind both are extrodinary oils. For highway use and 7-9K mile changes, I think you are easily within the safe operating zone of nearly any oil. On that note, I have not yet seen a 0w- oil that is not a full synthetic (PAO or ester) based oil. So you would be well within the range of any oil in that weight.

/ Anyone used the Amsoil 0W20 motor oil? #4  
I have not used any Amsoil products, but I have no reason to believe there is anything wrong with them. From what little research I have done (mostly from "Nutz & Boltz"), I believe that Mobil 1 is the best store-bought synthetic you can buy (an olefin-based oil), and Redline is the best ester-based synthetic you can buy.

For all our vehicles (a '93 Park Avenue, '99 Durango, and '04 Ion), I use Mobil 1 5w30 in the crankcase, including a 1951 JD "MT." For the dogamatics, I always used Redline oils (D4 for Hydra-matics, and ATF+3 for Chrysler.)

I have debated whether to go to all synthetic in the driveline of the John Deere, but all we use it for is the local tractor rides, so it typically doesn't get more than 20 hours' use all year. If I were still using it for mowing, I would use Redline MTL in the transmission & hydraulic system.

/ Anyone used the Amsoil 0W20 motor oil? #5  
Don't be a baby Dargo...:laughing: Man up...

I have used Amsoil 0w-20 since it came out. Use it in a car that called for
5w-30...Car 100% loves it!!! UOA are mint, start-ups quick in sub zero temps, takes over 100 F temp fine, smooooooooooooth as the day is long etc...

I use it for about 10K miles and the drain..I would NOT use any of other oil or weight....I little extra MPG too....

/ Anyone used the Amsoil 0W20 motor oil? #6  
I used it and it's great. Amsoil makes great lubricants!

/ Anyone used the Amsoil 0W20 motor oil? #7  
I've been running it for a few months now. I run it in my Dodge Ram with the 5.7 Hemi and my wifes 300C with the 5.7 hemi. They both have MSD, where they run on 4 cylinders only part of the time, and they are suppose to run 5W-20 for this to work correctly. So far no problem and they run fine. I'm probably going to go for the oil change of once a year with these vehicles, which would be 12,000 miles or less. I wouldn't go the 25,000 miles that Amsoil says is O.K., but I might go 15,000 miles or more without a worry. It just depends on how much you trust their claims.

I'm running it as more of a convenience of just having to change the oil once a year than anything else.

Good to finally see some folks going with extended drains. Been doing that since 1989. I haven't used the 0w-20 but sold some to a friend for 2 cars he and his wife drive to work. Just to remind folks that several models and makes have a bulletin on the ea oil filters just for those listed. On those makes and models you can run the oil extended but the filters must be changed like the mfd. suggest. Haven't heard what the problem is.
I use 0w-30 in 4 cars and change oil once per year. One is an 99-two 05's and one 09. The 99 has 178,000 on it now and still running good. Just think about how much you can cut down on waste oil with annual changes and it also cuts down on usage of foreign oil as well.
I use 15w-40 diesel marine oil in both tractors and since the new diesel fuel is up to the new spec's I now go 300 hours on the diesel engines.

/ Anyone used the Amsoil 0W20 motor oil? #8  
Looking at "over the road" trucks, that run hard day after day across country, they might average about 50 miles per hour, (roughly). So, 300 hours is about 15,000 miles. Many fleets are going 20, 25, and 30 thousand miles on oil drains without a lot of problems. On flat land hauling, I think I've heard of 40 K on oil changing, oils have definately improved from just a few years ago. Base oil technology is part of this. Oil can get beat up though with a lot of idling and short running times and restarting cold.

/ Anyone used the Amsoil 0W20 motor oil? #9  
I use Amsoil products in all my equipment to include a gas asplundh chipper, diesel motorhome, ford diesel pu, kubota, excavator etc. Of course I use differant viscosities but the protection afforded is worth. Highly recommend.