Anyone using a MMM with a B2650 to mow grass?

/ Anyone using a MMM with a B2650 to mow grass? #1  

TigerDMD

Tractor
none
Looking for real experience using this specific model (B2650) to mow their grass. Wondering how the size and weight effects the turf. Thanks.

/ Anyone using a MMM with a B2650 to mow grass? #2  
Well, since no one has replied to your post with the specific setup you are asking about, I will give you my .02c about something close. I have a B3030 with a 60" mmm. I think it does a good job as a lawnmower. It is a bit on the heavy side if you are looking for a show place lawn. If the ground is soft it will leave slight tracks whereas a lighter machine would not. On the other hand it does ride good and is very comfortable to operate. When mowing I usually drive in M with a full HST pedal. The ability to change ground speed with the HST as conditions change is fantastic. Reversing for turns and around obstacles is effortless. Of course that is true any time, mowing or not. I took the back gauge wheels off of my mower and used chains and hooks under the tractor frame to semi-suspend the deck. I did not like the tracks left by the center rear wheels. I adjust the hooks that hold the chains so that the front gauge wheels are about a 3/8" off the ground.

ForumRunner_20150427_214230.png

/ Anyone using a MMM with a B2650 to mow grass? #3  
Looking for real experience using this specific model (B2650) to mow their grass. Wondering how the size and weight effects the turf. Thanks.

I can let you know in a little bit...just purchased the very setup you are asking about (w/R4 tires) but, the grass is not growing yet.

/ Anyone using a MMM with a B2650 to mow grass? #4  
I have the B2650, R4 tires and the 72 inch mmm. I have been very pleased with this rig for mowing. I purchased it with the Loader, the QA bucket and a 72 inch grader scraper. As Toolguy says, you will leave tracks if the ground is soft. The ground engaging wheels on the mower deck do leave lines in the grass, but I think the cut looks good. For me, it was a bit of a trade-off. I traded up from a BX 2350 with a 60 inch deck. I never liked the abrupt stop of the HST that plagued this model. We have several small fenced paddocks that were too rough to mow with the BX, but too tight to mow with the bigger rig we have for field mowing (MX5000 with a 72 inch Woods BB720) So far the B2650 has been a good fit. It has a very comfortable seat. It is also a lot more maneuverable than I thought it would be. I mow around the house with the B2650. You do have to be a little careful when you are on uneven ground. I have the mower wheels set to cut at 3 inches around the house and with the 72 inch deck you can find yourself scouring the ground if the deck is straddling a hill. When I switch over to mowing the paddocks, rather than getting off of the tractor and having to pull the pins out of the 4 deck wheels to raise the height of the mower, I just raise the deck a little with the three point hitch lever. I asked my dealer if this would be ok since the deck is not a suspended deck like the BX was. He didn't think it would be a problem as long as it wasn't too much. I am really only raising it a bit more than an inch or so. The cut looks good and it hasn't caused any issues.
Hope this helps.