API GL4 vs TSC Traveler Premium Tractor Fluid

/ API GL4 vs TSC Traveler Premium Tractor Fluid #1  

scsims

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 5525
I just recently changed my Hydro fluid in my tractor. I noticed that the new fluid that I put in seemed thinner than what came out.

The manual calls for API GL4 performance category. With the following oils reccomended.

1. Gulf Universal Tractor Tranmission Fluid
2. Shell Donax TD
3. Mobile Fluid 424
4. Tractelf BF 12
5. Tractelf C4 -1000
6. Exxon Torque Fluid 56
7. Hydro Clear Power Train Fluid

I called the dealer and asked about the TSC Traveler Premium Tractor fluid and they said that it would be fine.

But I was concerned when I noticed the difference in thickness. Everything seems to work fine.

Should I be concerned??

/ API GL4 vs TSC Traveler Premium Tractor Fluid #2  
if they said the the gulf or torqu fluid 56 is fine.. then tsc's UTF will be fine.

we used to buy the tf 56 by the 55g drum here at work. I got the spec sheet from the distribuitor to see if it would be suitable for my UTF requirements years ago.. thus I was able to bring home near limitless quantities of top off fluid in 1g jugs when needed.. :)

soundguy

/ API GL4 vs TSC Traveler Premium Tractor Fluid #3  
I've noticed more gear noise with the TSC oil-despite what the printed specs say. So I'm suspicious too.

/ API GL4 vs TSC Traveler Premium Tractor Fluid
I talked to the Warren Co, rep today. They make the Traveler brand for TSC. He said that the TSC brand is an excellent replacement for the Mahindra. He stated that it's a OEM for Mahindra and many others. I was told that the mutigrade 10W-20 is equivelent to the 75W API-GL4.

/ API GL4 vs TSC Traveler Premium Tractor Fluid #5  
I've noticed more gear noise with the TSC oil-despite what the printed specs say. So I'm suspicious too.

I got 17 tractors running it.. can't say as I've seen a difference from any of the warren oils in my units over the last decade..

soundguy

/ API GL4 vs TSC Traveler Premium Tractor Fluid #6  
you guys need to stop trusting verbal "oks"..Get it in writing or email.