Are CUT cab tractors more prone to rollover

/ Are CUT cab tractors more prone to rollover #11  
Jswan,

Sorry - missed this thread and am a little late replying. I just purchased the same tractor your looking at with a cab this spring. With a loader and box blade it felt about the same or maybe just barely less stable than my previous DX33 without a cab. I just had the rear tires loaded a couple of weeks ago and the difference is night and day. The tractor is rock solid now when it comes to stability. I was amazed at the difference it made. I'm also able to do alot more in 2wd instead of 4wd with the loaded rear tires.

but I wouldnt be so quick to count staying cool as one of them, because a good canopy is nearly as effective under the hot sun as an AC cab

I will admit that I haven't used a canopy but the a/c on my Farmall 45 cab will freeze me out if running on high, even on a 95 degree day. Also haven't noticed any noticeable difference in power between having the a/c on or off as others have posted. I will concede to the fact that you have to be much more concious of your surroundings. Especially in wooded areas.

/ Are CUT cab tractors more prone to rollover #12  
Of course there are advantages, but I wouldnt be so quick to count staying cool as one of them, because a good canopy is nearly as effective under the hot sun as an AC cab. You will always be in the shade, and always have a breeze on you equal or above the tractor's ground speed. And the canopy keeps you cool without costing you thousands, robbing any power, or increasing the tendency to roll. Many who have forked over big bucks for cabs will hop on here and say you are crazy to not get one, and they would never own another tractor without one. I doubt many of them have much experience a with good canopy. A canopy will not keep you warm in the winter time, provide sound insulation, or make an effective defense against bugs, so you will have to weigh the importance of those often cited features, against the negatives I have explained.

I started off with no sun protection, then went to an umbrella, which helped a lot until the wind wrecked it, then onto my current canopy that is better than the umbrella. I'm glad I have the canopy as it makes a world of difference comfort wise; but if I had my druthers I would have a cab for heat in winter, AC in summer, no bugs, and no dirt blowing in my face. I also don't have low hanging tree limbs to worry about either.

/ Are CUT cab tractors more prone to rollover #13  
If you're worried about the cab, load the rear tires and set them out as wide as you can. That'll solve most 'tippy' problems. A cab beats a canopy for comfort in almost every way. I've done open station tractors for 30 years... everything from a little Harry Ferguson to some 100+ HP JDs (still considered 'little' by row crop farmers). I will take my current cab tractor over an open station any day of the week. If you're worried about HP loss from the AC, simply factor that in when buying it. An open station isn't almost as cool as a closed station on a 95 F day. It is much, much cooler! With mine, I have two vents closed and the fan set on low to keep from freezing me on 100+ days! :D

Cost... well that is always a factor. Open stations are more cost effective. :)

/ Are CUT cab tractors more prone to rollover #15  
Hello, It has been a couple of years since my last post. I still have not pulled the trigger on a tractor purchase. I was initially looking at deere 5000 series.
I should give some background. I have 80 acres, crp trees and some old timber, creek to cross.
I have now been contemplating a smaller tractor, hopefully more affordable. Deere 4000, kubota ( I now own a zd28 mower and rtv), and cnh. Got a quote out of the blue in the mail the other day from the case dealer. Cab farmall 45, loader, 4x4 hydro for 31K financed, 29K cash. I thought this sounded like a fair price but thought I would run it by the experts. I also am a little scared of the cab. These small tractors with big cabs look like you could push them over. I did tip the rtv on its side once pulling an acreease mower in the pasture. I'm also not sure if a cab is a good idea in the woods.

I would go with a cab. The older you get the more you'll like it. If tipping becomes a concern, you can fill the tires or install wheel weights to compensate.

The green tractors seem significantly more expensive. Thanks.

Yeah, I found the same thing. I only wish I could afford Greene. With used tractors, the disparity is even worse. Deere holds it's value better than any brand, so they're real expensive compared to orange, red, etc.