Are parts available for older Kubota units?

/ Are parts available for older Kubota units? #1  

timcote42

Greetings. Just bought a Kubota B7100, 1980, with a B670 backhoe and a B219 loader. The tractor came with a manual but no manuals for the attachments. So I called my local Kubota dealer for the manual and he said he called someplace in Georgia and was told that the manual is no longer available and neither are any parts available for those attachements, presumably because they are so old....

Now, I know the manuals are available here on the 'net, but was this guy just trying to scare me into buying a new tractor, a total incompetent, or completely right on the money? I already know I am going to need to overhaul or replace the swing cylindars for the backhoe, and there's a bushing and a pin or two that are worn out. So please tell me, what is the likelihood that I can renovate this machine with parts bought from the Kubota dealer? Or is there another particular place I might want to go to get my older parts?

Thanks for the advice.

Tim

/ Are parts available for older Kubota units? #2  
Try calling these folks. I have ordered all my parts here. They have a much better price and are super helpful.
Ken

TractorSmart home page

/ Are parts available for older Kubota units? #4  
The loader and backhoe may not have been built by Kubota but branded as Kubota. Most parts for these should be fairly generic. Some parts such as bushings may be specific to the machine and you may have to find a machine shop for replacement items.

/ Are parts available for older Kubota units? #5  
I have the exact same setup. Has almost 4000 hours on it. So far I have not run into any problems getting parts. I just looked up one of the dipper stick pins on TractorSmart parts search and it showed up with a price so I would think you are OK.

PM me your email if you want manuals for the tractor/hoe/loader.

Charles