Arrived -- L5740 HST with implements

/ Arrived -- L5740 HST with implements #11  
Great pics! :thumbsup:

Glad this (success) story had a happy ending. That's positive encouragement for anyone else that might consider a long-distance sale. Basically all the Seller did was break everything in real nice for you, and now you get to use it. :D

I was so covered in dirt by the time the work was complete. :D
I'll say! Rough day in the mines? :laughing:

Congrats again!! :)

/ Arrived -- L5740 HST with implements #12  
Sure can't beat the cruise control:thumbsup:

Cruise is awesome! Especially since I drive it ~4 miles to work on my property.

But also awesome in being able to drive either by hand or foot, whichever you feel like.

/ Arrived -- L5740 HST with implements #13  
:tractor: TOO TOO COOL!! Congratulations!! :thumbsup:

We are approx one week out on seeing our newborn...

/ Arrived -- L5740 HST with implements #14  
TripleR,
Thanks for the suggestion about removing the FEL while cutting in the pasture. I started to remove it for the first go, but I decided I wanted a baseline experience so that I had something to compare to when I remove it and cut. Having it on sure added to the bounce factor. Since I don't really understand which hose does what, I also wanted to (study) become more familiar with the reasons each hose connects where it does before unhooking. I have no doubt that I can just note how they are now, unhook, and just remount and rehook exactly the way it came to me which is probably what I'll do the first time I remove the FEL ... but I do want a better understanding of the hoses and hydraulic ports so I know "why" versus "just because" that is the way it came to me.

I left my FEL on until I was comfortable coming up the steep hill out of the pasture we have. I did not want the weight (finish mower) on the back to cause a problem with the front lifting.. It did not appear to be a problem so I now take the FEL off when mowing... the delivery driver showed me how to take it off and put it back on.. he said the connections are color coded so hard to mess up unless the caps/plugs come off. He warned me that the #1 mistake is to leave pressure on the hoses and then have a mess when reconnecting. He showed me that after it is unhooked and the tractor moved back and turned off, make sure to release any pressure on FEL hydraulics by moved joystick around, THEN disconnecting the hoses. Works well so far.

You will really enjoy your setup I think.

/ Arrived -- L5740 HST with implements #15  
:tractor: TOO TOO COOL!! Congratulations!! :thumbsup:

We are approx one week out on seeing our newborn...

Don't forget to take lots of pictures. I saw one like yours at Davis Farm Supply this week, very nice.

/ Arrived -- L5740 HST with implements #16  
Congrats...I hope to look as filthy in a couple of weeks! I took note of the hydraulic hoses and color coding. Any more hints welcome.
Greg

/ Arrived -- L5740 HST with implements #17  
The hoses have a sock protector on them which makes them look bigger than they really are.

I think you will like those tires. After one year with mine on grass, snow, mud, and dirt, I am very happy with them. Those are some massive hoses on your top and tilt! What is that hydraulic valve on top of your fender for? Philip.

/ Arrived -- L5740 HST with implements
Ooooh no.

Some say it's the size of the sock ...

But, I say my hoses are big!

Some innuendos are :laughing:

/ Arrived -- L5740 HST with implements #20  
Good looking rig, it's fun to get dirty every now and again !!:cool: