Price Check Auction Bananza

/ Auction Bananza #1  

cglaser104

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC1710, Cub Cadet 2206
I was watching an auction being held in central New York state this past week. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a GC1720/DL95/CB65 with 42hrs go for $11500! Then later on they had a GC1710/DL95/CB65 with 53hrs go for $11800! Neither had mower decks with them but man what a great deal for such fresh clean machines that aren't even broken in completely yet.

/ Auction Bananza #3  
I'm guessing the Massey's you are looking at are similar to what I found shopping for a B-series Kubota. Up "North", I see a lot of ~25HP compact tractors with no mowers, and a few with cabs, with low hours. I'm guessing they were used with snow blowers and were underpowered for that role and whatever snowblower they had them connected too.

/ Auction Bananza #4  
Yes, many used around here by winter snow removal contractors. They either sell off or trade in many times with only 50 hours many I have seen.

My friend bought one and everything underneath was seizing up and rotten because they spent all those hours in salt.

So you really have to look at them. Some are good and some are really rotten from the salt and de-icing chemicals.