Auxiliary Hydraulic Pressure Coupling

/ Auxiliary Hydraulic Pressure Coupling #1  

RotorWrench

Tractor
Holder C5000 Toolcat 5600
I was wondering if someone here could tell me which of the forward remotes is the pressure coupling, the upper ( male) or lower (female).

I'm just wanting to be sure and couldn't find it in the manual. I know Bobcat is the opposite of several others. I was hooking up my new snowblower last night and when I started the TC and let it warm up, I turned on aux hydraulics, pulled the trigger to engage the auger and saw the hoses jump but the engine loaded up and I'm sure the blower didn't engage. I moved the left/right center toggle and the chute bumped to the left about an inch and locked up. Moved it to the right and the engine just loaded up with no chute movement. Tried the left side and right side buttons with similar results. Disengaged everything, reset hydraulics and tried again with same results. Got out and checked all connections and everything was correct. You can't hook up the hydraulics wrong.

Knowing that Bobcat pressure couplers are reverse of some equipment I began to wonder if the hoses were set up for a different machine. The pressure hose from the blower had the female coupler so it had to go to the upper fitting.

I called Quick Attach this morning and their main products guy was very helpful and agreed the hoses probably were set up for something else because from the factory they never know what machine it will go on, usually relying on the dealer to set them up for the customer's machine. The dealer did swap out the motor for the one matching the TC flow.

Tonight I switched the hose couplings so the male fitting was on the pressure hose which now puts it to the lower position (female on the TC) and hooked everything up. Ran it up and everything now works properly except the left joystick toggle operates the chute rotation , right toggle button operates the deflector and the center toggle loads up the pump and the bumps the chute but nothing moves. I would have expected the center toggle to control left/right chute rotation and actually prefer it that way as it's more natural for me. This is a 2014 5610 with the later style joystick with additional aux buttons.

Does that sound right? I've run TCs in the past but never with a snowblower. Just checking with those of you that use snowblowers if this sounds normal and are the hoses set correctly now?

Also, what rpm should I run for proper blower operation? I couldn't find that anywhere either. Tnanks

Last edited:
   / Auxiliary Hydraulic Pressure Coupling #2  
Does the electrical needs match the bobcat 14 pin supply? Does it need a pigtail adapter so the blower/toolcat can properly communicate?

/ Auxiliary Hydraulic Pressure Coupling
My TC is a 7 pin and the blower came with a Bobcat 7 pin harness.

/ Auxiliary Hydraulic Pressure Coupling #4  
My TC is a 7 pin and the blower came with a Bobcat 7 pin harness.
Ugh...my bad...the 14 is the old BC system. :eek: Watch this video...maybe you can switch the leads going to the individual solenoids to change which operation the buttons control?????

/ Auxiliary Hydraulic Pressure Coupling #5  
my Toolcat joystick the up/down switch moves the chute the trigger runs the blower, it will run continious until I pull the trigger again

now a bobcat V plow on Toolcat, I would have expected the wings to move with the left right switches indeed it does not, up/down move the right wing and left/right moves the left wing, was considering having this reprogrammed but then it messes up other attachments.

OK, so it doesn't sound abnormal for the button functions to vary for given attachments and not necessarily be logical choices. That's OK, I just wanted to be sure it was functioning properly. Thanks

Ugh...my bad...the 14 is the old BC system. :eek: Watch this video...maybe you can switch the leads going to the individual solenoids to change which operation the buttons control?????

Thanks I'll check it out.

/ Auxiliary Hydraulic Pressure Coupling #8  
not unusual, the toolcat has 2 rocker switches one left and one right, they would be assumed for the V plow left rocker would control the left arm and right switch for right arm but no it does not.

hard to figure, a V plow on my S590 works the way I expected left switch for left arm and right for right arm