B-26 Front bucket won't lift

/ B-26 Front bucket won't lift #1  

Bucksaw

Tractor
Kubota B-26
I have a 2008 B-26 and i had the main pressure line from the pump spring a leak @ the weld right on the top of the pump. ( Apparently a common issue) I replaced the line and now my from loader arms won't raise.

If I try to raise the from bucket along with dumping or curling the bucket the arms raise fine. If I try to lower or raise them without curling or dumping the bucket it barely moves.

I tried cracking the hoses on the lift cylinders to see if there was any air but they seem fine. The oil level is also within the range on the dipstick.

Any suggestions??

Thanks

Derek

/ B-26 Front bucket won't lift #2  
sounds like there must be air trapped somewhere in the system. Generally if you will move your loader control to each of the stops and hold until the relief valve kicks in it will purge any air in the system. Let us know what you find.

MarkV

/ B-26 Front bucket won't lift
Thanks MarkV... I'll give that a try!

/ B-26 Front bucket won't lift
Hey MarkV it didn't work.

Same issue... the front lift pistons are VERY slow unless (takes over 1 minute to raise or lower) you try to curl or dump the bucket when raising or lowering. If it's done in combination it seems to work fine.

I took the relief valves apart on the valve body to check for dirt but seemed fine.

the dump and curl works fine on the bucket along with the back hoe attachment and stabilizers are working fine... it's just the pistons to raise and lower that aren't working.

Derek

/ B-26 Front bucket won't lift #5  
Derek, not sure where to go from there. A pressure test off the loader valve to see what is going on might be where I went.

Let me suggest you repost in the Hydraulic Forum. It surely is hydraulic and there are some guys that know their stuff over there.

MarkV

/ B-26 Front bucket won't lift #6  
If you have the hoe on make sure the thumb valve is centered ie not dead heading the pump as the will create back pressure and keep the loader from working correctly.

/ B-26 Front bucket won't lift #7  
Is your 3pt valve in the neutral position? If not, can create some back pressure and cause loader problems.

/ B-26 Front bucket won't lift #8  
Is your 3pt valve in the neutral position? If not, can create some back pressure and cause loader problems.

Just had this same problem. Hopped onto TBN and, with this thread ,had my problem solved in under a minute. I must have known knocked the backhoe swing lever hopping off the rig in the snow and it was creating a little back pressure. Tapped the lever back to center and I was right back to normal!

Thanks to all the good folks of TBN!