B 7100 Exhaust

/ B 7100 Exhaust #1  

860thomasb

Tractor
198? Kubota B7100 hst d
I recently bought an older B7100. The guy I bought it from suggested I change the exhaust pipe from horizontal to vertical. The pipe was blowing on the Loader hydraulic lines. Any advice would be appreciated

/ B 7100 Exhaust #2  
Mines been doing the same thing for 2300 + hours now. I ain't gona change it.

Egon /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ B 7100 Exhaust #3  
I'm not sure how old "older" is, but when I bought the '95 B7100 the left loader arm usually stayed black even though I didn't notice the exhaust appearing to put out that much soot.

/ B 7100 Exhaust #4  
When I bought my B6100, it had the exhaust turned upright. I used it like this for 2 years, till just a month ago I turned it back to it's original horizontal position, before I catch it in some overhead tree branches and break the manifold off, as I use it for a lot of mowing in the summer. Sometimes I have to duck under the overhanging branches, and more than once I had quite a bit of pressure on the end of the pipe. Remember you want it high enough so you don't eat exhaust all the time.
Besides that disadvantage, the only other obvious one to me is if the machine is left outside all the time and there isn't a cover over the exhaust end, whether it be a flapper or a tin can, then water will get in there, and if the manifold is like mine, which has no water drain in it, the water could end up in a cylinder. I always store mine in the garage so this wasn't a problem.

/ B 7100 Exhaust #5  
Zackary, the "original" position of the exhaust on my B7100 was horizontal, but the dealer said they had to change it to vertical to accomodate the B1630C front end loader. So I could never quite understand why the left loader arm got blackened when it was nearly always below the exhaust. And even though I kept the tractor inside my shop building, I bought one of the exhaust flappers from Tractor Supply and put on it just in case I ever left it out in the rain.

/ B 7100 Exhaust #6  
My 1978 B6100 has had the exhaust blowing on the FEL hydraulic lines for 28 years now. Other than that the lines and loader arm have soot on them, I see no ill effects.