B1750 tractor b1640a

/ B1750 tractor b1640a #1  

Meganrae9617

Tractor
B1750 tractor b1640a loader
Hello I have a 1996 b1750 tractor with a b1640a loader and I need to know where the two support bars go to take the loader off. The two support bars right now are hooked to the bucket but once I take off the bucket where do I put them to make the support to hold the bucket up to take off. Thank you in advance

/ B1750 tractor b1640a #2  
I can't give you a for-sure answer as I do not own one BUT looking at pictures of them, the two support posts appear to have a round foot pad about 2" in diameter on one end and square other end which is bent 90 degrees into an L-shape. There are holes in the frame of the loader back near the pins that are to be pulled for disconnecting the loader from the tractor. The square end of each support post must fit through a hole on the left and the other on the right side of loader frame and then hang vertically from there to the ground. I have to assume you lower the bucket to the ground, insert the posts in their holes, one on each side, then run the hydraulics up or down until there is no strain on anything and pull the pins holding the loader to the loader support structure on the tractor. Then lastly disconnect the hoses. Has to be about that kind of process.

With all that said, you really should find a set of owners manuals on both the tractor and the loader. I am pretty sure they are for sale on-line, you should have them anyway, and the loader manuals will give you the authoritative right answer to your question about the support posts. If you intend to have that tractor around for a while you will never regret getting the books on it.

Another short-cut if it takes a while to find the manuals, is to call McGrew Equipment at 717-428-0922 (in southern PA, Seven Valleys PA) and ask them if one of their people can give you a verbal assist. I see they have a B1750 with loader on their lot for sale right now so they could look at it while talking to you. They are nice people to deal with and generally cheerful and cooperative.

Good luck and let us know what you find.