B2400 Lost Power and Died

/ B2400 Lost Power and Died #11  
porky69 said:
Finally got home to check my shop manual and checked the wiring diagram and it does not show any type of timer in the circuit just a straight wire to the key switch and ground.

Plus the electrical diagnostic page says that if tractor will not start that the shut off solenoid need replacing.

Keep us posted on the fix. I hope it is an easy one.

/ B2400 Lost Power and Died
Parts arrived this afternoon, will be installing tomorrrow AM. Will post with results.

Installed the new solenoid and a new 5amp fuse, cranked it up and so far has ran for 2 hours rototilling in some hard ground.

Seems to have fixed that problem, now onto the next one, steering box mouting bolts going into the top of the transmission housing have stripped out and the steering box is flopping around loose. Couldn't find any M12x1.25 Helicoils so I got some 1/2NF's and am about to start on that project and if I get that done I might start on the bevel case oil seal that is leaking on the front left side axle housing. Oh the joys of buying used....

By the way other than these few minor glitches the tractor runs and drives awesome even for a 10year old unit with almost 1300hrs on it (used to be owned by a landscaper).

/ B2400 Lost Power and Died #14  
Your getting to know your tractor better.:)

Nice going. I have a 25 year old Ford 1910 with 1250 hours that still runs great. I got it new and so far have rebuilt the fuel injection pump and changed injectors and glow plugs. New seals on the FEL cyinders and valve. Not too bad really.

Tractors do seem to last for a long time.

Turns out the steering box mounting bolts just go through a steel plate with nuts welded on the back, so I just drilled the threads out, put longer bolts in with nylock nuts and cleaned everything up.

It's supposed to rain/snow tomorrow so maybe I can get the bevel case seal done, being as I won't want to be outside.