B2410 stopped, won't crank

/ B2410 stopped, won't crank #1  

MarkLeininger

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota 2710
Edit: It's a B2710, not B2410. Doh!

I was digging post holes, put PTO in neutral, jumped off with engine running to move something. About 5 seconds later while I was still on the ground the engine stopped. Got back in seat and it won't crank. When I move the key from off to on position I can hear a relay click. But when I turn key from on to start position I don't hear anything. All guages illuminate normally. I'm guessing it's some kind of safety switch, but I tested the battery anyway. Battery is fine. I depressed the seat safety switch with my finger, still no crank. Tractor's 3 years old, runs like a top, garage kept, no kludged wiring. I have an owner's and shop manual, but don't see any diagnostic in the troubleshooting section for "won't crank".

Any help and suggestions appreciated.

/ B2410 stopped, won't crank #2  
You are looking in the right direction of it being a safety switch.
Keep looking you will find it.
That PTO switch looks suspicious to me.

/ B2410 stopped, won't crank
It was the nut behind the wheel. When I put the rear PTO in neutral I was looking backwards and must have accidentally put the mid PTO in gear. When I jumped off the tractor that caused the engine to stop. I've never used the mid PTO so didn't notice it was not in the right position. Problem solved.