Backhoe B26 backhoe attachment

/ B26 backhoe attachment
IMG_2692.JPG

Now complete.

Adjusted one ear plate with 0.060” to 0.085” shims to allow hand insertion of pins. Several more tacking and installing checks. Trim sides and fabricate receiver hitch parts.

Welded. Pins fit but are tight. Fitment might loosen some with use. This is where I really appreciate fabrication manufacturers skill of making large weldments. Invest in jigs, weld procedures, go, no-go gauges to make repeatable parts.

Now to paint.

/ B26 backhoe attachment
IMG_2693.JPG

RScotty, The quick attach pins are fully supported and pass through the respective side plates. Sees no rotational force. OEM 1” on the B26 ears and 1.19” on the excavator ears. These see forces at the extreme range of motion with an extension, anti curling movement of the attachment. The pins are not cheap but expect wear or breakage to be rare. The 3” pucks and front pivot point see most of the load.

/ B26 backhoe attachment #13  
Congratulations! I remember when you were debating whether to build a dedicated B26 ripper or the adapter.
I think that the M59 could do with a few more backhoe implements - it reall needs a ripper or perhaps a fishtail ripper. I wish that Kubota had made a wider range of OEM attachments to fit.

Your project looks like an awful lot of work. I'm impressed that you did it, although seeing the work involved has made me less tempted to start making an adapter myself.
rScotty

/ B26 backhoe attachment
IMG_2697.JPG

IMG_2698.JPG

Ready to dig.
Whittling on this blow downed oak root ball.
IMG_2699.JPG

Good power to break 2-3” roots. Bigger roots take time but tooth and shank do their job.
Ripper 150#, adapter 60#. B26 handles like a champ. Call this a successful venture.

Miss my mega outrigger pads and cylinder guard steps like on the M59. My climbing gear is a little worn and slips sometimes. Just other improvements to look forward to.