B2601 backhow bleeds down

/ B2601 backhow bleeds down #1  

Bansil

Gold Member
Tractor
1967 Ford 5000 w/FEL(sold), 1950 Farmall Super A for the wife to drive around (needs fixed) 2024 Kubota B2601 FEL & BH
So talked to salesman he said it's typical, so keep travel pin in.

I've never had hydraulics bleed down unless an external leak (don't see) or internal leak by a spool valve with junk.

Is this "normal?

/ B2601 backhow bleeds down #2  
Hydraulic bleed down is normal. Depends how quickly and what is acceptable. And yes, spools/control valves are becoming worse as far as quality is concerned.

How long does it take yours to bleed down? How many inches in how many hours.

/ B2601 backhow bleeds down
1/2 Hour of FEL work and I looked back and noticed it bled down about 3 inches at the pin holes, so I pulled BH back up and dropped the pin it, that dropped the bucket maybe 6 inches closer to the ground

/ B2601 backhow bleeds down #4  
So talked to salesman he said it's typical, so keep travel pin in.

I've never had hydraulics bleed down unless an external leak (don't see) or internal leak by a spool valve with junk.

Is this "normal?
Normal, just returns the fluid to the tank. This is of course unless you see fluid under the machine!

/ B2601 backhow bleeds down #5  
Thats about right - drops 2-3" an hour when operating more as it gets older and more experience. When mine was new and parked it would stay up all night - now its on the ground in 3-4 hours - it's called aging, and wear and tear.

I figured it was normal just wanted to check, Thanks!

After this....I was curious about the dealer prep, this is a 100% good rated dealer...just no-one bothered to put the set belt on. :p

seatbelt.jpg

/ B2601 backhow bleeds down #7  
1/2 Hour of FEL work and I looked back and noticed it bled down about 3 inches at the pin holes, so I pulled BH back up and dropped the pin it, that dropped the bucket maybe 6 inches closer to the ground
My BH92 and older BH90 hoes bled down at about that rate. The dealer also told me it is normal. Candidly, he said Kubota spool valves are notorious for excessive bleed down.

Usually, it isn't a problem, but I have installed these check valves on some of my cylinders:

31uDMMCRBnL._AC_.jpg

They work well on my T&T cylinders, where bleed down can be annoying.

Bleed down on hoe cylinders can cause problems though. To take some weight off the tires when the tractor is parked, I usually set the hoe bucket on the ground. If it isn't positioned right, the boom can lean into a door or wall when cylinders bleed down.

Last edited:
I could definitely See that, i am going to put a block of wood under the bucket for that reason thanks!