B2601 with no bolt on cutting edge?

/ B2601 with no bolt on cutting edge? #1  

Cruising

Tractor
2019 JD 2025R
I知 ready to buy a B2601, but noticed a couple odd bits about it. The bx models have option for bolt on cutting edge, yet the bigger B models don稚. Does anyone know why? I run heavy equipment, and all loaders and skid steers we have, have bolt on cutting edges. So seems odd that the smaller series has it. Also, the bx can get a bucket level aid, but again the B does not. I have no problem with it, but I know my wife would like it. Any reason why neither is a option on the B models?

/ B2601 with no bolt on cutting edge? #2  
I don't know why but you can buy a BOE and put it on ,My l3800 had just a plain bucket and I got a woods bucket HD with BOE for 200.00 more when I bought it......

/ B2601 with no bolt on cutting edge? #3  
The BX and B models are basically used for mowing turf and residential landscaping on two to five acres of flat ground. Material moved is mostly dirt, mulch and yard debris. Industry surveys indicate tractors in this class average 60 engine hours per year. It is an exceptional owner/operator that wears the paint off bucket lip in ten years.

Piranha tooth bars, the most popular aftermarket "digging" FEL toothbar for BX and B models, mounts with one bolt through each side.

PIRANHA LINKS: piranha tractor tooth bar - YouTube

piranha tractor tooth bar - Google Search

Last edited:
   / B2601 with no bolt on cutting edge? #4  
My B2650 has a bucket level indicator. Dealer should be able to add it. If the 2601 has the newer loader, parts can be added to give it mechanical self leveling. Useful with pallet forks.

/ B2601 with no bolt on cutting edge? #5  
It would be nice to have a replaceable cutting edge, but I have 600 hours on my B2620's bucket now, and have moved well over 300 tonnes of this and there is still lots of cutting edge left. Just the corners are a bit rounded.

Attachments

• 004 (3) (Large).JPG
    004 (3) (Large).JPG
    532.6 KB · Views: 89
   / B2601 with no bolt on cutting edge? #6  
I had a BX with a bolt on leading edge on the FEL and upgraded to a B2601 without the bolt on edge and never gave it a second thought. In reality I will probably wear out befor the FEL leading edge

/ B2601 with no bolt on cutting edge? #7  
When I bought my B2650 I looked strongly at the B2601 but went to the 2650. The dealer put on the bolt on edge.

/ B2601 with no bolt on cutting edge? #8  
My B7100 went through a cutting edge and loader bucket bottom. Welded on new metal on the bottom and a much heavier cutting edge. That lasted well.

The paint did not last for more than a few hours.

/ B2601 with no bolt on cutting edge?
When I bought my B2650 I looked strongly at the B2601 but went to the 2650. The dealer put on the bolt on edge.

I would put a bolt on one, but the bucket doesn’t even have the holes for a edge like all the other buckets. Just odd a B series doesn’t even allow the option.