B2620 50 hr sevice

/ B2620 50 hr sevice #1  

Scruffy1

Tractor
Kubota B2620
I haven't seen any threads on the 2620 50 hr yet. I went to my dealer to get the filters and was going to change my Hyd fluid even though my book says to only change my filters and from reading other posts I thought I would put the SUDT in it. Well, I talked with the service manager and he said I only needed to change the filters. This is what they would have done if they had done it. The filters are doing such a good job is why Kubota says to only change the filters. He said he would be more than happy to sell it me if I really wanted to change it but it would be a waste of money. As far as the SUDT he said they don't even sell it there becuase it really has no benefits for the extra cost. Again when they service tractors they only use UDT fluid. But if you are going to do your own service have at least 3 quarts or more on hand. When I removed the longer of the 2 filters, I think the HST, it was on the right hand side. The fluid gushed out of there and I had then new filter right there and ready to put on and still lost 3 quarts. The oil drain plug is above the cross member, a 14mm and the oil runs all over the cross member to make a nice mess. Kinda hard to get your fingers up there to turn the plug but can be done. The oil filter is on the left side of the engine. Another fine feature, one of those filter sockets that go on the end of a ratchet would be easier to use, lots of stuff around it making a regular filter wrench hard to get on it. When the filter comes off some oil comes out and runs between the engine and frame. A gap of about 1/4" and onto a valley pan/maybe a skid plate or something but now I have some oil down there where I can't reach. I just hate changing oil and filters when the oil runs all over everything then drips out for a day or so. The nice thing is all the filters are the same diameter so one size filter wrench does them all. Still a fine machine and am more than happy with it. Oh I bought the 3 filters and 1 quart of the UDT and it came to $52 I already had 2 quarts of the UDT at home and I used Delo 400 15/40 which I already had.

/ B2620 50 hr sevice #2  
I have read that the B2X20's are a mess to service. I currently have approx 35 hrs on my B2320 and will be doing the 50hr service this spring. The owners manual does not call for a fluid change at 50 hrs and this kinda surprised me. When I purchased the tractor I went ahead and bought the filters and fluid to do the 50 hr service, so I guess I'll do a full fluid change. The B2X20 series don't have a HST screen were you able to see any evidence of metal shavings?

/ B2620 50 hr sevice #3  
Hi my 2620 has 45 hrs. and is ready for 50 hr. service. I will be having the dealer do it as its free pick up and delivery and 20% of parts and labor so based on this I dont mind paying a bit extra.

My dealer who is very reperable has advised me that although the book does not call for filters/fluids change at 50 hr. that he highly recomends it and they will be doing them for me. Also he recomends the front axle fluid also be changed and I beleive the manual does not call fore this at 50 hrs. either (but not sure about the manual)