B2650HST Bucket Grapple or Fork w/ Grapple?

/ B2650HST Bucket Grapple or Fork w/ Grapple?
Yes the 06 Series looks like it will be a good option.
Do you think forks with a grapple would have been as useful as the debris grapple?
Or would you definitely stick with Debris Grapple?
Any idea what the 06 series goes for? Having a hard time finding pricing online for it.
Thanks

/ B2650HST Bucket Grapple or Fork w/ Grapple? #12  
Yes the 06 Series looks like it will be a good option. Do you think forks with a grapple would have been as useful as the debris grapple? Or would you definitely stick with Debris Grapple? Any idea what the 06 series goes for? Having a hard time finding pricing online for it. Thanks
I just got a quote of $1575 for the grapple - not exactly what one would call cheap. The 3rd function valve is $799 I believe, and the dealer said it's usually about $200 to install it. That's the Kubota version. The LandPride 3rd function was about the same $ and I installed it myself on my BX24. I looked at the parts manual and it looks like an install of the LandPride 3rd function would be a lot easier than the BX 24 was (no connections to the back it appears). That said I think I will get the Kubota version. It may be the LandPride version anyway since the two companies seem to be working together regarding implements. I see some use for forks with a grapple if you will be moving a lot of things with forks. I'm happy with the grapple as I have a lot of trees/branches/debris to manage but have recently been thinking of making (really "having made") some fork arms to attach to the grapple. The backbone of the grapple is a 2"x3" channel. One could make a hook on the back vertical part of the fork that could hook over that backbone and the bottom would settle against a similar 2"x3" channel on the bottom of the grapple. The width would be adjustable by putting the forks between the different splines of the grapple. I believe the weight of the 06 series is 234 lbs vs 156lbs or so for the 05 series so the lifting of the grapple on a B2650 should be very good. My little grapple was supposedly 24 lbs heavier than the bucket. I would assume the 06 would not be that much more than the B2650's 54" bucket although I think the 06 is about 62" wide whereas the 05 was about the same as the 47" BX bucket.

/ B2650HST Bucket Grapple or Fork w/ Grapple? #13  
I haven't been able to afford a grapple yet, either. But I did get forks, and those are very useful. Having a 'The Thumb' type grapple attached to them would make them even more useful.

But I'm still saving for a real grapple instead of going that route.

It appears the SGC06 only comes in a 60" version and only opens to 32". That is the main complaint about the ETA "Wicked" grapple, the small opening. It (the SGC06) is limited to tractors with 1,250 lift (plenty for most SCUTs/small CUTs). Weight is 247 lbs.

SGC06 Series Claw Grapples | Land Pride

/ B2650HST Bucket Grapple or Fork w/ Grapple? #14  
I see positives and negatives to the fork grapple. You may not be able to "pluck" items with the fork version. I sometimes use mine to pull a specific item from a pile of brush, like to pull out thick logs. I can't see separating piles easily with the forks. However, forks can move pallets, large boxes, etc.