B26TLB digging a hole and struck water

/ B26TLB digging a hole and struck water #1  

bkrgi

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B26
Call before you dig and still did not work out right :laughing:

/ B26TLB digging a hole and struck water #2  
I had a new well pump put in about a month ago.. water table is 20ft..

/ B26TLB digging a hole and struck water
Well I hit a regional district water line that fed a neighbouring property...could have landscaped a babbling brook with this 'artisian' well hahahaha.
The call before one digs approach did not work out very well in this case...but we found another water line for their map hahhahaha...or at least where it actually goes as opposed to where they thought it went....

/ B26TLB digging a hole and struck water #4  
Good thing it wasn't an electrical line..

/ B26TLB digging a hole and struck water #5  
What were you digging the hole for?

If there was a hint of buried electrical it would have been hand digging time but everything is above ground
Digging a hole to put in a gate post...wanted it down below 4' ....hit water at 4.5'

/ B26TLB digging a hole and struck water #7  
I hit a telephone line on my property after Telus cleared me to dig there. In the middle of December. At 5pm. They had to come out in the snow and wind and dark in a 6' deep hole to repair a line they didn't know was there. It had 64 lines, times 8 wires. The guy ran out of connectors and had to round some more up so he didn't finish until 9pm. At least he got overtime.

This turned into a OT job as well for the town workers plus they had to scramble around finding connectors and a piece of plastic pipe to make it right.
Would hate to receive that Bill for not calling before hand

/ B26TLB digging a hole and struck water #9  
Sometimes calling doesn稚 work.

I was getting ready to build a workshop. I wanted electrical and water. I called the call number when I got ready to run the water and electrical line. I told the person who answered the phone what I wanted and advised them the route from a existing building with a service panel to the new building would be marked with red flags. I was advised all existing under ground electrical would be marked with orange paint.

I got home that night and sure enough orange paint was sprayed around the existing building. Only one problem, no electrical line was marked where I remembered one. I called the 1-800 number again and told the person I did not think the electrical service was marked correctly.

I was rudely informed they knew how to locate and mark where electrical lines where. I asked for a number to call when the line was cut. He curtly advised he had never been asked that, but for me hold on and he would get the number for me.

Two days later the man with the trencher shows up. He checked the markings. I told him I thought they had missed one wire. We took a post hole digger and dug down in a couple spots looking for the wire.

He advised I must be wrong and started digging. He went about eight or ten foot and we turned out all the lights in neighborhood. I then called the number the yahoo gave me. He rudely asked me why I didn’t call before digging. I told him I called and requested the lines be marked and then called and informed them they had missed a line. The phone suddenly got awful quite. He advised hold on. A few minutes later he came back and advised the service crew was on the way.

When the service crew arrived they would not talk about the marking error and I never did receive that expensive bill that kept talking about if you don稚 call.